Switching to part-time job

reedandbamboo

Registered Users (C)
I filed the I-485 in July 2007 (India EB2, PD March 2005) and since then I have received the EAD though my H1B is valid until March 2010.

Since the Dec '07 Visa Bulletin (with further retrogression for EB2 India to 2002) , I doubt my PD will be current anytime within the next year or two (Correct me if I'm wrong?) As a result, I am weighing my options and considering switching to a part-time position in Feb 2008 at my Green card sponsoring institution (same job title as in my Labor Certification application, just part-time instead of full-time). I plan to use the EAD card for freelance work or to go to school part-time.

May I know if this switch to part-time work (on EAD) will jeopardise my pending I-485 in any way? As far as I understand, the Green card is for a future position so once the I-485 is approved (2-3 years down the line?), I need to switch back to a full-time position .. am I right?

My AP application is pending and I plan to travel to India in Feb 2008 after which I will resume working at my employer in a part-time capacity. Any problems with re-entry on AP since I will no longer be in the original full-time position?

Some insight/advice would be greatly appreciated!