Switching job while EB-1EA approved?

ludhianvi

Registered Users (C)
I am currently working as a Post-doctorate fellow on cap-exempt H-1B (university sponsored my H-1B visa). My EB-1EA petition got approved on 4/17, and I am waiting for the the hard copy of the approval notice. I will be filing my I-485 soon.

Couple quick questions:

1. I have been offered a job in industry and they filed my H-1B petition on the first day itself. Since I did my PhD from US, I fall under MS category (20000 visas), I am hopeful that my new H-1B will get approved. Will I have any problem in joining the industry on H-1B considering that my I-140 is approved or should I continue in my current position till I get my I-485 approved?

2. Should I file for EAD when I file my I-485? I am not planning to travel abroad any time soon unless there is an unforeseen problem, so I am planning on not filing AP.

If any more questions come to mind, I will post it here. I trust everyone here more than my attorney :)

Thanks.

hi...
you seem to have a great profile... you should not have any problem shifting your job... could you tell us your qualifications and in which area do you work

Since EB1EA is self petitioned and your 140 is approved, you can move to another job without any problems. I did the same, in fact I moved 5 days before my EB1 approval. Its best to confirm with an attorney though.
I filed EAD and AP as I need to travel a lot on work and I just thought it is better to keep them handy though I hear, like H1 and L1, ( I am on O1 visa), I can enter and exit the country while on AOS on my valid stamped O1 visa.

hi chatterji,

are you still on o1 or on ead now, and are you in the same feild or you moved into some other feild????