Switching employer

njan08

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am working with employer A. Employer A holds my H1B also filed I140/I485 Concurrent filing two months ago. If I switch to Employer B (Employer B is a sister company of Employer A. I will comming under Employer B payroll) do I need to restart the GC processing, if so what stage?

Please help me out.

Originally posted by njan08
Currently I am working with employer A. Employer A holds my H1B also filed I140/I485 Concurrent filing two months ago. If I switch to Employer B (Employer B is a sister company of Employer A. I will comming under Employer B payroll) do I need to restart the GC processing, if so what stage?

Please help me out.
green card is for future job. you dont have to start or stop as long as your company still sponsors the gc and you have the intend to join him. there may or may not be any change to your case depending on how subsidiary or division or sister company is formed, which is based on corporation law.

a related question on employer change, with 140/485 pending <180days

Hi,
i have a related question and would appreciate very much if anyone can comment or give suggestions :-

I have been told by my current employer that my position is being eliminated and i should look for job elsewhere... My probable last date is Jan-23.

my facts: I-140/485 filed in Oct-15 (so, <180 days), and my EAD filed on Dec-9.

I have started to apply for other jobs, and am expecting some interviews in early Feb.

SO, if i am laid off by around Jan-23rd, can i stay home and wait for my other interviews to work out (sometime by early/mid February)????

Will i go out of status?

(i am hoping to request my employer to not cancel I-140)...

Kindly Help!! Thanks!!

Will i go out of status?
No, you are considered in AOS.

Wait for I-140 to get processed, cross your fingers for no RFE or
revocation from old employer. You are considered safe to change
jobs >180 days of pending AOS and with approved I-140, get your
jobs interviews,etc. done in this gray mode.
AND
Wait for EAD to arrive, take a job in similar field as in your LC.
OR
Find new employer and get an H1B for now.