switch from cp to aos

vintin

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I am a citizen of India and stuck in a weird situation.
EB3 PD Sept 2004
Labor Cleared Dec 2006
I140 Cleared Feb 2007
Went for CP, selected Mumbai for processing
NVS requested DS-230 on June 30
Sent it back to NVS on July 16th
Haven't heard from them or US Mumbai consulate since.

Just heard disturbing news about October 2007 Visa Bulletin Predictions.

Should i apply to switch to AOS before Aug 17th?

Thnx.

Hang on!

Hello, I am a citizen of India and stuck in a weird situation.
EB3 PD Sept 2004
Labor Cleared Dec 2006
I140 Cleared Feb 2007
Went for CP, selected Mumbai for processing
NVS requested DS-230 on June 30
Sent it back to NVS on July 16th
Haven't heard from them or US Mumbai consulate since.

Just heard disturbing news about October 2007 Visa Bulletin Predictions.

Should i apply to switch to AOS before Aug 17th?

Thnx.

Well, if you have sent your Form 230I on July 16th, then NVC would have completed your case by now. Call them and see the AVM for your case. Once completed they will forward your case to Mumbai and as VISA numbers unavailable now, you need to wait for a while. My guesstimate is that for your PD you may get the interview anywhere from within 2 months to 12 months.

I dont think 485 is going to be any faster but for the interim benefits like EAD, parole.

Your call!

EB3 2004 will take more than 2.5 months of interview time for sure. Assess the situation and make your decision. CP will be definitely faster than AOS. But how much is the question. Some companies are not financially strong and they might crumble down before the GC is approved and hence in those situations it is better to file I-485 and after 180 days you are free to move to another company without disrupting your GC. With mumbai, I heard that you could do AC-140 CP processing at any time you want . Hence carefully examine and make a bold decision.