Registered Users (C)
Here is my case info:

LIN-0127XXXXXX

RD 08/22/01
FP 12/04/01
RFE 12/15/02
RFE Repy received 12/27/02

So far no single update from BCIS. not even the second FP

Is that means my case file is lost or misplaced? If that's the case, how can I contact the BCIS to fix?

I did renewed my EAD recently BTW.

Lately when I call BCIS they told me that it is taking 26 months to process such cases.

My guess is that since your case is over 26 months old you or your lawyer ccould call BCIS and request an official status inquiry, requesting the reason to know why the case is still pending even after 26 months.

I hope this would help.

Thanks

Contact BCIS thru senator's office

You need to contact BCIS through your local senator's office. I always get the current status of my case through senator's office.:eek:

Shall I need to sign any Information Free Act so that government agency can release

Shall I need to sign Information Release form so that the government agency like BCIS can release my information to third party such as US senate office?

BTW, I've contact BOB Graham 2 month earlier and what I got is just a piece of paper stating they've made the inquiry to their BCIS sourse and I will be informed if the information is available.

So far I've not heard a single word from his office ever since.

zzbao,

You will have to sign the release form so they can check up on your case. I would also urge you to follow up with their office after a "reasonable" period such as 30 days.

good luck,
sadiq

It's not a standard form. In fact some congressmen will just ask you to write a letter. The information used for correspondence with any government instution. It merely highlights/mentions that you are authorizing the said Senator or US Rep. to inquire for information on your behalf.

This release is required in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, which prohibits release of personal information to another agency or individual unless necessary for government/legal reasons (i.e. warrants!).

To find out what your Senator wants, go to www.senate.gov and find the homepage for your Senator, and select "Constituent Services." Do the same for your US Rep., except go to the webpage www.house.gov

rgds,
sadiq