Survey - PR Card Processing Time

Priya75

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm just trying to get the average processing time for PR card. For those of you who received your PR card, can you please post the total time (in weeks) it took from the day you mailed it in to the day you got the notice to pick it up?

Thanks

one of my friend sent the application for PR card on 7 Feb and still not recieved any letter from CIC to pick up the PR card till date.

my details

Landed March 6, 2003
Applied for card on landing
Card received: Second week of April 2003

My Timeline

I applied for PR card on Mar 8 and still not recieved any letter from CIC to pick up the PR card till date.

Landed Sep 2000

i applied for PR card on feb 6th. still no response. but when contacted the 1-800 number yesterday, they said my card was sent to the local office on may 7th. and that the local office would take upto 8 weeks to schedule my pick time.

Landed by road on April 24, 2003

Applied for PR Card at border post for all family members. Immigration officer took pictures for us.

PR Card for kids received on May 16, 2003
Still waiting to receive PR Card of self and spouse.

One of my other friends applied on Feb. 10 and received the letter from CIC Toronto and the pick up date is June 5, he applied for his family including his wife and 2 kids but the pick up letter is still not received for family members. He sent all the applications in same envelope. Many have problem in Toronto area as they send the different dates for family members.

My other friend also received letter few days back to Pick up the Card after sending the application after 14 weeks and his family members were given different dates. He spoke to CIC 1-800 # and requested that it is not possible to make 4 trips to Toronto to pick up the card for all the family members on different dates, as he can not leave the work for 4 days. The CIC told him that they would reschedule the Pick up date for all the family members on same date. PR card pick up is messed up as they messed up Canada immigration they need 72 points and one has to be Master degree holder but Canada has no jobs, only labor jobs. Why don’t they recruit laborers? As they need them so badly.

Landed by road on April 24, 2003
Applied for PR Card at border post for all family members.
Immigration officer took pictures for us.
PR Card for kids received on May 16, 2003
Still waiting to receive PR Card of self and spouse.

Even after Immigration officer took pictures at the time of landing, CIC has sent a letter that the photo's are not as per specs and
asked me and my spouse to get 2 recent pictures and attend CIC office personally. Now we are in USA. Planning to re-schedule
the appointment and get ONE-TIME entry visa from Canadian consulate so that I can visit to pick up the cards.

Any one travelled to Canada with CPR (Not Valid for Travel)
by road without taking a one time entry visa ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sonali

I dont think it is necessary for you to take a visa (atleast not until Dec 31, 2003).

The landing document / visa stamp that you have that says it is not valid for travel is good for you to travel. You are a PR of Canada once you have landed. You will be questioned when you enter, but the landing stamp is proof that you have landed.

This is what I was told when we landed on March 6, 2003. We returned to the US as well and are in the US now. We recd the cards some time in April.

Hope this helps.

Thanks sairam1.

I just called one of the Canadian border post of NY State and talked to Immigration officer and explained my position. When he asked "Why you were back to USA". I replied that I am in middle of a project here and want to finish it off before moving permanently.

He confirmed that I can enter canada by Road with "CPR".
No need of PR-Card till 31st Dec, 2003.

CPR is stamped "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" . Not the Immigration Visa affixed in passport. When you land first time, Immigration officer cancels the Visa stamped in passport (means crosses a line across). In my case he did this.

PR CARD

I applied PR CARD in Mid March. Today i called and they said they sent a letter. I asked what is in that letter. Officer told its not approval but something else. Officer don't know what is inside.
Can you guys tell me what they are asking regularly.

ABC111:

Did you sent all notarized copy with PR card application to PR Card processing unit
1 Fee (CDN$50 per person) receipt paid in Canada bank attached at top (not notarized)
2 Passport page that has your Name, PP # DOB, and copy of Landing Paper
3 Photo taken in Canada stamped at back and one photo Notarized and stamp of photo shop at back of photo.
4 Guarantor signatures or declaration signed by you before notary on PR application.
5 did you complete the PR application correctly
You know better if you missed any thing,
In the past normally they have asked for photo if that was not according to specifications.
You will know when receive the letter and let the others know

Last edited by a moderator:
I did all of them

I did all of them. I don't know what they want. DID any one got these recently?

Landed in November 2001.
PR Card application sent- April 9th 2003.
Pick up Date- July 23rd 2003.

Thanks
Khush