Survey by university of Chicago

prang

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I received a phone call from a lady here in minneapolis . She said she was interviewing new immigrants about their experience with the green card approval process . She informed that interview was part of a research funded by university of chicago, that is looking at streamlining and improving the process. Sounds too good to be true!! If the lady is genuine ( she is going to send me brochures to help me authenticate the research and stuff, plus I am going to check about it online as well ) , I would like to hear suggestions from you. I can think of the most obvious from reducing the time frame for approval , better communication of case status to the ridiculous step of security at the last stage of your approval when the person should have been verified at the first stage itself.

Also if others have been contacted by the same research group , let me know your experiences

survey vy university of chocago

I also received same phone call.

She ask so many personl questions.

i ask her for email about the survey but she has not email me detail about the survey.

she also wants to interview other member of my family.

did any one has simmilar experience ?

Deja Vu....

I very distinctly remember someone posting something very similar a few months back. You mat get more information if you search for the phrase 'university of chicago' and follow the threads.

Prang - take it the otherway round

Prang,

If you have her details, why dont you call her Dept at the Uni of Chicago instead of waiting for her call and check if this research is indeed a genuine one.

We can also request if any of our members here have any connection to the Uni of Chicago and check it out.

If its true - why dont we provide the info and make her process quick - I mean if not for us atleast someone down the line will benefit from it.

-MrCoolz

I wish they would implement a rule , that would automatically give conditional approval to 485 cases pending for more than 180 days.

I went to the u of chicago

I went to the U of Chicago. Social Science Dept likes these kin of studies. They had a comprehensive study done about 6 years ago what people like most in sex...

I did receive some documentation from the Univ. of Chicago. Anyway , I used this opportunity to went out my frustrations with the whole set up and did not divulge any personal information like SSN . Financial data etc. My wife was also interviewed .

However the line of questioning did not have anything to do with the system at all. All of the information revolved around , my education , my work exp etc.

They sent a cheque for $10 each. Did have univ info on it. So I am thinking the interview was authentic. however the data gathered itself may be questionable

Prang

i was interviewed & she want to with my wife.

she ask so many personal questions.

I would like to talk with you.

quick,

What would you like to know ?

Since you have already given the interview , there is nothing much you can do know. If you haven't divulged any financial information or such , I think there is nothing to worry about