surrender Certificate

Wait for your US passport. You have to send a copy of US passport with the documents.

This forum can help with you routine issues, but not outliers as many people may not have seen such situations. Also, outliers with Indian consulates ... what more to say.

Anyway, here's what could happen.
a) they return the application to you within days
b) it keeps sitting with them

Here's what you could do:
a) talk to them and figure out the process which works best for you ... return and resend, or hold and wait for you to send additional docs
b) send the additional docs anyway giving the reference of the application already sent. however, in the absence of a tracking number (i do not think it is there for SC as you do not fill it online), it is probably not going to work.

there might be other scenarios which might happen. the options i see are wait (anyway you still need to apply for us passport), send the docs anyway (iffy), or chase them (painful).

Sorry for asking this stupid question.

I just got one of the forms stamped "Passport Cancelled vide DRIL". The same is stamped on the first page of the last Indian passport held.

Is that the surrender certificate or there is something else which I was supposed to get?

Sorry for asking this stupid question.

I just got one of the forms stamped "Passport Cancelled vide DRIL". The same is stamped on the first page of the last Indian passport held.

Is that the surrender certificate or there is something else which I was supposed to get?

u got stamped as well u get a certificate to...only stamp is not a surrender certificate .....