Surrender Certificate in Application to CGI-Houston

Anba

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I have send my Indian Passport and application just one copy to CGI Houston. I did not know that I should have send application in duplicate (two copies). please advise me what should I do know. It's been two weeks since it reached and so far no reply or return from consulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently it is taking around 100-110 days for SC in Houston. Usually they give you a call to your phone number if something is wrong closer to 100 days asking you to send the missing docs directly addressed to the person who called.

Do we really need application in two sets for SC. I noticed from my bank that my money order is cashed already by CGI. Does this means I am fine with one set itself?. As rpranesh mentioned if they ask for missing documents it is fine. I read in this forum that after few weeks the application packet was sent back because there weren't two sets. I do not want that happen to me.

Please some one who got SC recently please please .......reply to my post.

Thanks in advance

Do we really need application in two sets for SC. I noticed from my bank that my money order is cashed already by CGI. Does this means I am fine with one set itself?. As rpranesh mentioned if they ask for missing documents it is fine. I read in this forum that after few weeks the application packet was sent back because there weren't two sets. I do not want that happen to me.

Please some one who got SC recently please please .......reply to my post.

Thanks in advance

Anba, you need to send two copies of the SC application and one set of supporting documents; that's what I did. They keep one copy of the SC application and send the second copy back to you after signing and stamping it.

Because you have sent only one copy of SC application, you can send another copy with a letter explaining the situation now and hope that they are going to combine it with your original application. Good luck!

I got my SC today in just 8 days. CGI Houston is working really quick these days.