Surprise, surprise EB2 NIW OCT 99 (no rfe) finally approved

ver_sri

Registered Users (C)
EB2 NIW India ND 10/5/99, PD 5/8/98, Fp 3/2/01. No rfe. Approved 6/21/01 for both of us. Receipt number: EAC-00-003-xxxxx. Surprised to hear the approved message. I am expecting an RFE in my case, as i am NIW and changed jobs twice during the I-485. I informed INS of the address change. I moved from PA to CA.

I heard from the IIO in April 2001 that my file was on the shelf, one month after my FP\'s are taken. I got frustated that a lot of my friends with ND JAN - MAR 00 got approved during month of April and my case was on the shelf (for some unknown reason). IIO\'s said it will be on the shelf for 60 days from the FP date, which is B.S. So, contacted local congressman\'s office for help. Got a reply from VSC on MAY 29 that it will take another 3 to 6 months for them to adjudicate my case. I was totally blown away by the response and was totally mad at VSC. At this point, i did not have any other option, but to wait. Checking the AVM every weekend. Surprise, surprise case approved on June 21.

Guys, I think the letter from congressman\'s office really helped. Even though INS VSC responded back with some fake processing time of 3 to 6 more months. It really made them look into my case which is on a shelf.

VSC iio\'s could have saved some taxpayer money (for mail correspondance) and congressmans office valuable time, if they have just looked at my case for a minute. The iio\'s know that I am not a company hold case, or EB3 case and also know that they are processing JAN-APR 00 cases and my case from OCT 99 is long over due and just send the file to the right dept.

This forum is especially helpful to share information and insights. I thank Mr. Khanna, MYLADOOR and OCT2000 for their invaluable support to the immigrant community.

Heard on the AVM. Expecting to receive the coutesy copy some time this week. Will post my stamping experience in LA.

Thank you,
ver_sri

No Title

Congratulations!

FYI..I guess once you are in I485, it does not matter
what your EB category is. What I mean is, If an EB3 cases
has the same ND as that of the EB2 and both are current,
there is no diffrence between these two cases!!

No Title

HI VER_SRI
you mentioned that you changed jobs during 485 ? was those job changes done after 180 days post 485 filing?
Please reply

No Title

Could you post details on when did you change jobs and to which congress man you wrote to Appreciate your response.

No Title

Thank you all. OCT2000, i updated the tracker entry.

Dan dan, did you hear anything from VSC yet.

I applied for GC through NIW (national interest waiver). So i can change jobs in the same field anytime. It has nothing to do with AC-21 and 180 day rule. I live in Irvine CA. I wrote to Hon\' congressman Christopher Cox.

Ver_sri