Surprise Again!!

DVG_DWR

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am here with a question again.....
My I-485 is approved Nov 12th though the website until today (11/24) said "Processing going on...."
Anyways , I received the approval notice in mail on Nov 17th.

At around 5:30 pm this evening I noticed the following message........

Current Status:

On November 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Any idea wat it means?

Especially wen the case is approved.

Thanks and appreciate your time.

Here are my details,
EB3 concurrent I 140/I 485 ND 11/03
I 140 : AD 9/21/04
FP: 11/02/04
I 485 : AD 11/12/04
PP Sceduled : 12/9/04

Surprise again

Liveandletlive,

I got the approval notice in regular mail .My lawyer also got the notice thru the regular mail.

We never received any intimation thru email!!
My status also was never updated to case approved until yesterday.

Thanks

To : DVG_DWR

DVG_DWR : I got the same message yesterday and I am confused , as to what needs to be done and what this means:

Current Status:

On November 23, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your
case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call
customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I have not made any queries but couple of things happened , Things that I had done in the past 3 weeks w.r.t to my case :

I changed my Home address and had called the INS to change it - But this I had done 3 weeks ago.
Secondly , the receipt notice for my wife’s EAD and AP was not received by the lawyer and I was not sure if he had called them .

Could you please respond back to this one .
Thanks,

Tiger3260,

Did you submit AR-11 after you moved ?
OR Did you call customer service and changed/updated the address?

If you submitted the AR-11 you should receive the confirmation of updated address thru regular mail
(It takes hell lot of time to get the response-We moved in June .Submitted the form AR-11 within 15 days.We got the response/confirmation from USCIS in September)

But still all the I140 correspondence went to the old address.(Got the approval in september)
When we went to FP at newark,Nov 2 we were surprised to see that our address was still not updated.

So,we called the customer service and updated the address.
Finally we received the I485 approval to the new address.

WAT A RELEIF.....

And now after getting the approval ,I see a status change in my case.
Cant figure wats going on!

My suggestion is make sure your address is updated for sure.
The only way to make sure, call customer service. If you submitted AR-11 you SHOULD get confirmation.

But still even if you did the above things, to get the correspondence from USCIS it will take some time.

I am wondering why your lawyer dint get the receipt notice for your wife?
Check with him.I am sorry I cant help with this particular question.

Good luck.

Thanks DVG ,

Thanks DVG ,

My RD and ND for 140 / 485 is the same as yours ,

I40 APPROVED IN JUNE .

Fp done in Sep and I get this message today . I wonder if this is because of the address change or because of the EAD and AP that we applied OR IS IT A RFE ? Is my question . I am confused .

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

DVG_DWR,

same here. My 485 was approved on Nov. 10 and I did my stamp on Nov. 22. And I got the same message as yours last night (11/24).

Current Status:?

On November 19, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case.? If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I issued a case enquiry on Oct. 25 and I actually received a letter saying that my case is still under processing, blar blar...... on Nov. 9, the day before my case was approved. So, just ignore it. Enjoy the freedom.

I also sent an email to FBI for name check on Oct 25, never got any response.

Finalstep,

I spoke to customer service last evening about wats going on with my case.
Person told me "There might be a green card on the way..." or watever.

Is it possible to get PR card without PP stamping?
They need photos anyway for the PR card.
They get our photos only wen we go PP stamping right?

Wat are the chances, its PR card on the way :)

Thanks for sharing views.
DVG_DWR

DVG_DWR,

I spoke to customer service last evening about wats going on with my case.
Person told me "There might be a green card on the way..." or watever.

I hope so

Is it possible to get PR card without PP stamping?
They need photos anyway for the PR card.
They get our photos only wen we go PP stamping right?

I saw somebody said that they got their cards without stamping. But I think it's odd. INS need to collect you front style photo, index finger print and signature for your card when you go to have your PP stamped. Now INS only accept the new front style photo which I do not think you ever give it to them. How can they make the card without the photo?
Do not worry about the wired message, just go ahead have your PP stamped. Once you have your PP stamped, everythong should be ok. The INS officer will tell you that the stamp will be your temporary green card until you received your real PR card, you can go anywhere you want now, and You do not need any EAD, AP, and I-94 any more. Isn't it cool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has the same situation.

However, the reason for her case is after we've filed a status inquiry, her case got approved.