Surge of Older PD’s

PD transfer from EB3 to EB2

Hi UnitedNations,

Have been following your discussions on the topic of PD transfer from EB3-EB2 using I-140 filing. Do you have any official online resources pointing to this. Any links to some official documents about this transfer will be helpful in making my case with my attorney.

thanks.

ram.

unitednations said:
I had started a thread titled little trick for people in eb3. Essentially, all the professionals in eb3, need to separate themselves from the 245i eb3 skilled workers. The best way to do this is to get an eb2 labor approved in perm with priority date in 2005 or 2006. Then use the law that if one has two approved 140's they can transfer the priority date between the two 140's. Essentially, if you have approved 140 in eb3 with priority date in 2002 and eb2 140 approved with priority date in 2006, you can get the eb2 priority date of 2002. The wait will be much shorter in eb2 since you are not competing with the skilled workers.

If I was an Indian national, I would not hesitate to do this for one second. Even if you have a backlogged labor in eb3, it would still be worth your while to file eb2 perm labor and 140 and then when backlogged labor gets approved file eb3140 and then transfer priority dates.

unitednations said:
talk to different lawyers. This is very basic concept to good employment base immigration lawyers.

Just keep in mind you need two approved I-140's to transfer the priority date.

UnitedNations,

Yes many many guys are applying EB-2 PERM now......

I find so many people around who were waiting for years with EB-3.
They have had gained enought experience to file EB-2.Now they are frantically doing EB-2 PERM ...

Good idea or bad idea ...?

Don't you think so many guys going upstream will eventually make EB-2 retrogress in future.

And if the president signs on comprehensive bill proposed by Sen John McCain [ Most likely this might happen], it will reduce EB-2 numbers ... Can EB-2 lag behind EB-3 in near future?

Can the guys who went upstreams ... can go downstream also ...?

Thanks