SUPPOSEDLY my wife has been approved for permanent resident

timmy_d11

Registered Users (C)
Today we went to Garden City for about the sixth time to inquire about her case since our interview back in October.

If you recall, I lost my job before our interview, was told by our interviewing officer to get a cosponsor by a certain date, which we did, but then received a disapproval notice, written on the day that we provided a cosponsor, stating that my wife was ineligible for permanent resident because I lost my job. It was obvious they did not wait for or consider our cosponsor. After paying many visits and writing several statements explaining this they claimed that they submitted a "service motion" to reopen.

We went back there today with very little expectations, just trying to see if we could get a straight answer out of them to see if anything was going to become of her case very soon, or if we should just go ahead and refile, which I was reluctant to do because I believe THEY made a mistake, but pretty much convinced that we would have to just go ahead and refile - because we have heard horror stories and lost our faith in them and the whole system. We didn't want to wait a year to find out the answer was still "no".

To our surprise (and I'm not even sure that I believe it yet) we were told that the computer system says that she was approved and would just have to wait on the green card in the mail. He congratulated her and everything (while she was crying).

This isn't just some cruel hoax, is it? He wouldn't say that if it weren't true, would he?

Let's hope it is true...

Timmy,

I hope that this isn't a hoax. I hope that your wife's nightmare is over. Moreover, she will be able to go home and see her family, and hopefully, her daughter and mum are doing well. :p

Man...this will be great for you guys.... keep your fingers crossed that the officer who gave you this information is right... :)

Al Southner said:
keep your fingers crossed that the officer who gave you this information is right... :)

Any employee that gave out information like that and was wrong, especially untruthful, ought to be fired.

Tim.. It is my prayer that this is real. I am so happy for you and wife. Escpecially after all that you had to go through. I wish you nothing but the best. Happiness and Love :) :)

Thanks Neshawn.

What do you think the likelihood of an official at the USCIS office telling us this if it weren't true?

Anyhow, thanks to the both of you for wishing and hoping for good things for us - really appreciate that.

timmy_d11 said:
Thanks Neshawn.

What do you think the likelihood of an official at the USCIS office telling us this if it weren't true?

I understand why you are skeptical :eek: :however, when you went to the Infopass, didn't you provide the case number. Unless they just totally looked at the wrong case, it should be accurate. I really believe the chances are 100% ;)

Has your online message changed and/or date?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT ADVISED US AND WISHED US LUCK ALONG THE WAY, PARTICULARLY NESHAWN (AND ALSOUTHNER, WHEN HE WASN'T TOO HARSH ON ME!).

That's great!!!!
I wasn't waiting as long as you and wife, but even 2 weeks seems like years.
I celebrate with you.... :) :) also because i got exactly the same message yesterday :) :) :) :)

Congratulations :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :Tim, Finally! and guess what. Although we were approved at the interview Dec.7, we still have not got a message, green card. :p You still beat me! :p :p