• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Supporting self: How much needed

mic27

Registered Users (C)
Hi mates
Can I support my self. $22000 is it enough for a couple. Pls advice me.
N.B do not give any link or tell me about proverty level 100% or 125%. I dont understand these. Just tell me whether the figer is enough. Thank you in advance.

No one can tell you if its enough except the consular that will be interviewing you.

All we know is the reference to the poverty guidelines. If you don't want us to reference to that guidelines that is made by the U.S Department of State, I don't think anyone can give you a clear answer.

Anyway, the poverty guidelines says that you need $17,500 for a family with 2 members. That's all we know and that should answer your question.

No one can tell you if its enough except the consular that will be interviewing you.

All we know is the reference to the poverty guidelines. If you don't want us to reference to that guidelines that is made by the U.S Department of State, I don't think anyone can give you a clear answer.

Anyway, the poverty guidelines says that you need $17,500 for a family with 2 members. That's all we know and that should answer your question.

What is so hard to understand the numbers from there?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

However, $22,000 should be enough.

Thank you for the reply.
One more question shell I have to take my tax return if I support my self. But I do not pay my tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the reply.
One more question shell I have to take my tax return if I support my self. But I do not pay my tax.

If you are supporting yourself, you need your bank statements or letter from the bank that shows your own funds in the bank.

Tax return is not necessary. Its only needed if you are sponsored by a U.S citizen or U.S Permanent Resident.