Supporting Items for Expediting EADs - Questions

Hassan2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello all...
For those who successfully got their EADs through expediting their processing time, please tell us what exactly you did that made your EAD got processed quickly?

Please mentioned what category - if you don't mind - (e.g. financial loss etc)
What supporting documents did you send? What type of documents/evidences will they accept?
How long does it usually - on average - to get your EAD

Masters/Gurus, please help!!
Let's make this thread for those who intend to expedite their cases...

Thank

I requested expedite for the following reasons:
1) USCIS mistakenly told me that my GC had been approved and that I should not file for EAD renewal. This caused me to delay my EAD application by over a month by the time the mistake was discovered.
2) As a result I have been out of work for 6 weeks so far with corresponding complete loss of income for my family.

Mailed expedite to USCIS with all of this information and heard nothing, I didn't even get so much as a LUD change. So, whilst I wish you all luck with your expedite requests, my experience, at least with MSC, is that they really couldn't care less. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. I still believe that generally those of us who feel like our expedite request worked just had the coincidence of mailing it close to the regular processing date. If anyone can show me an EAD that was approved with say 1 week total processing time with an expedite sent at the time of application then I will change my mind but apart from that I will remain sceptical.

Hassan, my congresswomans liaison told me that they were working on 10/30 the day before yesterday. She said that the online dates are misleading. Based on this they should get to 11/7 in about a week from now. Have you had any RFEs that could push out your 90 day window?

jimothy,
Thanks for your info and support...
I did not recieve any RFEs at all. All I got is that after I sent the application, I saw the check I sent ($180) showed on my online bank statement. After 1.5 month I got the appointment letter in the middle of my vacation - it screwed it up - and since Dec. 28th (Bio App) my EAD has been updated only once... currently its saying: LUD 12/31/2006

The only hope I got is that I already have two infopass appts on Feb. 6th/7th and my EAD/Drivers License will expire on Feb. 7th and that's about 91-92 days from the day the received my application.

Do you still think sending them any information about how much you have in the bank or sending them some information about your expenses and that you have only one family income and so on will do any good or not.

Good luck to your jimothy... I feel your pain.

Thanks

If you can take a letter stating that you were working and that now you cannot I think that would be helpful. I am certainly planning on taking one. Apart from that I will be taking a copy of the immigration regulation that states that they must adjudicate within 90 days or issue an interim card and a copy of the memo that states what the new procedure is for those of us who have gone over 90 days. If I have still heard nothing concrete by Tuesday I will be going up there and do not plan on leaving until I have something in writing that says they have ordered me some kind of EAD.