• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Supporting evidence for affidavit of support

kenjidnb

Registered Users (C)
I am scheduled for my CP interview soon and I am still wondering a couple of things about the affidavit of support.
After reading the posts, I have learned that all the consular officers are not asking for the same documents, but I am trying to gather the maximum I can, to avoid the big regret.

The person who is filling out the form is an american citizen and he is proposing to provide a limited number of documents with the notarized I134 form.
These docs are: one letter form his employer and a letter from the bank stating his income.
I read the poverty guidelines and I can't figure out if they need to see that his income is above 125 percent of the poverty guidelines, or if his total savings have to be above this.
I am wondering this because I know his income is largely above this but he might not have $17,500 (125% of the 2008 poverty guideline to sponsor 1 person) cash in his saving account at the moment of the bank statement.
Other important detail, I currently live work and pay taxes in the US. Do I need to join my taxes transcript or his taxes or nothing at all?

Even after having read numerous posts about the affidavit of support, I am still not sure of what my sponsor have to prove and with which documents.

I am scheduled for my CP interview soon and I am still wondering a couple of things about the affidavit of support.
After reading the posts, I have learned that all the consular officers are not asking for the same documents, but I am trying to gather the maximum I can, to avoid the big regret.

The person who is filling out the form is an american citizen and he is proposing to provide a limited number of documents with the notarized I134 form.
These docs are: one letter form his employer and a letter from the bank stating his income.
I read the poverty guidelines and I can't figure out if they need to see that his income is above 125 percent of the poverty guidelines, or if his total savings have to be above this.
I am wondering this because I know his income is largely above this but he might not have $17,500 (125% of the 2008 poverty guideline to sponsor 1 person) cash in his saving account at the moment of the bank statement.
Other important detail, I currently live work and pay taxes in the US. Do I need to join my taxes transcript or his taxes or nothing at all?

Even after having read numerous posts about the affidavit of support, I am still not sure of what my sponsor have to prove and with which documents.

Hi am not so sure he needs to give you a bank statement.

My sponsor, sent an affidavit of support form 134 filled and notarised with an annual income of 21000. Added to it should be his/her tax returns and letter of employment from his employer. No bank statement. Those are the docs i forwarded to the embassy and got my visa.
Maybe you might have a different case on grounds that you currently reside in the USA. Why not find out