Support Senator Obama's Bill On Limiting FBI's Name Check

let's not critisize each other

FIRST QUOTE
Very interesting name list. I was very surprised at the miniscule number of Arab/Muslim names. All this time, it appeared on this board that FBI name check was mainly a muslim problem. Either this group of people are not adding their names to the petition, or it is a case of squeaky wheels asking for more oil. .
SECOND QUOTE FROM TOP OF THIS WEB PAGE ;Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization.

These are the things I would like to point out.
1. There are 1.5 billion Chinese and 1 Billion Indian and 250 million Arabs in this world. It is normal arab petioners didn't make it to the top.
2. Chinese and Indians are more well versed in the computer world than Arabs. Maybe they are not aware of online petition yet.
3. Today I looked at the Pacer for HOuston area Writ of Mandamus filings and noticed most of the plaintiff's are carrying arabic names. Probably they are utilizing legal paths/lawsuits.
4. I know for a fact since my name is arabic sounding name and I got too many friends in this name check hell with the same fate, arabic sounding name is one of the reasons that raise a flag.
5. Let's not point the fingers at each other. It doesn't help us.

Please Reply!

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship/I485 has finally been approved, your case is
pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in
the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already
aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama
on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees,
but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which
has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". We have
started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the
bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name
check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO
ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED
BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE
MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE
CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html

FOR DETAILS ABOUT THIS BILL:
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=21857

hi Dear!
I have already signed the petition. Thank you for starting this very important thread. I just have a question. If congress approves this bill, how long will it take before they implement this. In other words, approximately how many months will it take before we all, who are stuck in this name check, will get any benefit from it?? please reply. Regards, dude!

Please ReplY!

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship/I485 has finally been approved, your case is
pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in
the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already
aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama
on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees,
but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which
has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". We have
started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the
bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name
check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO
ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED
BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE
MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE
CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html

FOR DETAILS ABOUT THIS BILL:
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=21857

hi Dear!
I have already signed the petition. Thank you for starting this very important thread. I just have a question. If congress approves this bill, how long will it take before they implement this. In other words, approximately how many months will it take before we all, who are stuck in this name check, will get any benefit from it?? please reply. Regards, dude!

hi Dear!

Dude,
Its a long shot. It needs 12 sponsors and right now the bill has 3. So its ways from happening. Hopefully more congressman come out in suport.

01-30-2003 GC
02-01-2006 Interview
? ? ? Oath ceremony!!!!

clearence security ?!!! I don't know,but it's too much ...this waiting becoming a said ,frustating situation ..What happen on ? we are innocent persons...please give me a advice

Springback, "analysis" is not "criticism". I look at things objecitively, not in terms of right and wrong or support and against. I made an observation there, that I was surprised to see so few Arabic/Muslim names. Why in the world would you think it is finger pointing? Can't we objectively analyze this without being accused of "finger pointing"?

You did have some good reasons that there are large Indian and Chinese people in the world (so presumably immigrating at the higher rate). That would still not clarify why so few Muslim names were found on the petition. I am not sure we can assume that most muslims are not computer illliterate but Chinese and Indians are. Both of these countries have muslims, particularly the latter, and a large number of muslims immigrate here and they are no less computer literate than their other fellow nationals.

FIRST QUOTE
SECOND QUOTE FROM TOP OF THIS WEB PAGE ;Please do not post any negative comments or remarks about any person or organization.

These are the things I would like to point out.
1. There are 1.5 billion Chinese and 1 Billion Indian and 250 million Arabs in this world. It is normal arab petioners didn't make it to the top.
2. Chinese and Indians are more well versed in the computer world than Arabs. Maybe they are not aware of online petition yet.
3. Today I looked at the Pacer for HOuston area Writ of Mandamus filings and noticed most of the plaintiff's are carrying arabic names. Probably they are utilizing legal paths/lawsuits.
4. I know for a fact since my name is arabic sounding name and I got too many friends in this name check hell with the same fate, arabic sounding name is one of the reasons that raise a flag.
5. Let's not point the fingers at each other. It doesn't help us.

There is no formula for name check issues. I am an Arab with very common first and middle names and got done in 7 months which is within normal processing time. I was pending name check but then it cleared. In essence, everyone is pending, even for those who got their letters after 2 weeks from FP.

Moral of the story, its you and your luck, there is no formula and no BLATANT discrimination.

Bill # S.795 referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

Folks,

Bill # S.795: 'A bill to assist aliens who have been lawfully admitted in becoming citizens of the United States, and for other purposes.'

03/07/2007: Introductory remarks on measure. (CR S2803-2804)
03/07/2007: Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

Committee/Subcommittee Activity:
Judiciary: Referral

I disagree with those who wrote that the bill has nothing to do with setting a limit to GBI background check. It reads "the Attorney General to make reasonable efforts to complete background checks of applicants for temporary or permanent residence or citizenship within 90 days. "

Does it mean that no obligation to finish up background check in 90 days, i.e., just a guideline no mandatory thing?

Walid

11-13-06: N-400 Priority Date
12-04-06: FBI finger print
............. Still waiting for IL

05-10-07: NO IL yet
...... Not sure how long to wait for Name Check a pending.

Will anyone be able to help put a case together against USCIS. Name check pending for over two and a half years.