Superman, SamIndia and CP Gurus, please clarify on CP Vs EAD.

IncyWincy

Registered Users (C)
CP gurus - My spouse applied for 485 and I applied for CP and now I lost my job(consultant) and my employer is not going to terminate me but he wouldn\'t give me the paychecks/stubs. And we might be getting the EAD cards in a week or 2.
Could you please clarify on these 2 things:
1. If I use the EAD and get a job, am I still eligibe to go for CP at all?
2. Importance of "Pay checks" when u go for CP, are Paychecks mandatory and do they check in every case?
Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

No Title

1. no. the CP is for the job the LC was obtained for - you cannot change job/employer.

2. i do not believe they ask for paystubs. they are more concerned about the future job offer - that i swhy you need a notarized employment letter indicating that you will have the job in the LC waiting for you when you get back.

No Title

1) If I use the EAD and get a job, am I still eligibe to go for CP at all?
A)If you applied for CP and your employer is not going to terminate you its better not to apply for a job right now. better complete your cp and then find a job. In this case you need to get a employment letter from your employer when you go for cp
2. Importance of "Pay checks" when u go for CP, are Paychecks mandatory and do they check in every case?
A) In very few cases have seen asking for bank statements but not for paychecks, in this case if your employer is not terminating you and the same time if they are not paying you, its better to go on extended long leave coz of some reason(in this case have a proof that you are on leave from the past couple of months just in case if the consulate is going to ask you for pay check)

My suggestion is dont join in a new job as already you applied for cp and try to maintain relation with your employer so that you get the employment letter for interview as well as extended long leave on your company doc. then i can bet you will be fine.

incy, I agree with Samind. Just wait for now.

Take the pay stubs and get the CP done. You can find the Job then. In which phase are you at right now ?. I-140 A.D./P-3. to caluculate the time you need to wait for the CP Interview. If your case already went to consulate, forget about working on EAD. If you have too much time left, let\'s talk.

Superman - My P3 has just been sent.

My attorney has just mailed the packet 3(chennai Consulate). About the pay stubs, my employer is not willing to give.

No Title

there is no need of paystubs when you go for the interview, to make your life easier as i already explained you that take a extended long leave letter on the company letter head due to some personnel reasons, if at all they ask for paystubs which they have asked one out of 1000 people until now, you have a proof of extended long leave with you coz of some reasons.
dont worry about paystubs make arrangements for the extended long leave you will be fine.

Incy, Make sure your Employer give you Notorized Employment Letter

You may miss Feb Interview if you just mailed the P-3. But definetly March.02. Employment Letter is most important. Pay stubs is chances. Like Samind said, worth trying. Nothing to loose. You can just continue on your wife\'s 485. Good Luck.

Please share your thoughts.

SamInd, I am already on extended leave for about a month. Assuming I will make to Feb\'02. I am wondering if the consulate might be curious about the leave(for thins long) Vs having the job waiting for me after I get back(in the notarized employment letter).
Please share your thoughts.

No Title

Here are the chances or options which you got
1)By looking at your case, you have a good relation with your employer, lets see this one in other angle. if you have a good relation with your employer why dont you try this, pay money from your pocket and ask them to run a minimum payroll. in this case you are loosing your own money for taxes nothing more then that. if you dont want to take anychance this is the best way to get the things done.

2)in the other way around extended long leave can be taken due to lot of reasons, leave to india and stay there for the next three months due to some family urgency and present this reason in extended long leave on your company letter head

3)taking a small risk that they wont ask for paychecks which they havent asked in most of the cases you can always go to the interview.

if you ask me, personnaly i feel that, these are the only options left for you now

I am in the same boat as Incy but employer not so friendly..

Samind and others, Apart from the notarized employment letter is there any other documentation/letter that we need from the Employer before going to the interview?

Thanks for the reply Superman!

Apart from the notarized Employment Letter is there anything else I need.
Also when you say notarized Employment Letter - after getting the letter from the employer we have notarize it, right?
Please let me know.
Thanks.