• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Super high Oceanic number

Well yes it was surprising, BUT not everyone had the same happy experience. Suva was *amazing* and just somehow ignored the quota entirely, but other embassies (such as Sydney) were more cautious (Sydney stopped under 2400).

It's also a little surprising (and a bit scary) to see OC so clearly above its quota. I hope they don't stop the region early.
AAGHH!!! Why did you bring that up???:eek::eek::eek: You're gonna give me a heart attack!!!

But seriously, has that even happened before?

Wo

Wow sister, you still waiting on AOS? You should be cleared anytime this month right?
One would hope……. Seems Honolulu is working on island time. It’s now been 85+ days since our biometrics.

We’ve been told all is good with our applications but I’m fast losing hope and kind of resigned to the fact that we might not get them ‍♀️

One would hope……. Seems Honolulu is working on island time. It’s now been 85+ days since our biometrics.

We’ve been told all is good with our applications but I’m fast losing hope and kind of resigned to the fact that we might not get them ‍♀️
That was also supposed to be a “shrug emoji” not a female emoji LOL.

Well they have stopped a country, and global, so I think stopping a region is possible. BUT I don't see it as a big risk at all.
But the countries they have stopped have been those who have reached the hard limit of 7% of DV visas. None of the OC countries have enough selectees to hit that. Similarly, global has been stopped at the max visas issued (ish). The region quota is not a hard limit in law like the per-country and total limits. I can’t see how they would justify stopping OC as a region.

I
But the countries they have stopped have been those who have reached the hard limit of 7% of DV visas. None of the OC countries have enough selectees to hit that. Similarly, global has been stopped at the max visas issued (ish). The region quota is not a hard limit in law like the per-country and total limits. I can’t see how they would justify stopping OC as a region.I
I don't massively disagree, but the law does spend a lot of effort of describing how the quotas are set if they are simply going to ignore them, and we have see years with obvious adherence to the quotas.

I

I don't massively disagree, but the law does spend a lot of effort of describing how the quotas are set if they are simply going to ignore them, and we have see years with obvious adherence to the quotas.
but it also allows for quotas to be reallocated so it’s clearly not a hard limit