Suggestion to moderators - why not put "City Threads" in separate "folder"?

Feliz-LA

Registered Users (C)
or even go as far as divide it onto 4 folders according to Service centers, and inside divide by state or regions.

i think more newcomers would find relevan info and contribute, rather then when "City Threads" are mixed with "General Info Threads"

I am moderator on other forum myself, so if nobody of current moderators has time, I know how to do it, if given temporary authorization.

You may want to email the moderators directly

Rahul Kumar, VivaLasVegas, susan ward, boatbod, Immigr8

You know, I've been wondering this for a long time. I just never bothered to figure out who would need to be contacted. I think the moderator of this forum can't just make a new folder. Pretty sure it is someone else that has to do it...

Well I know I don't have the capability to do what you're asking. Heck, I can't even make a thread sticky.

I can make the thread a sticky but I can't create a folder.
Let me know what it is that your looking for any I will try and get it done.

thx.

i guess that would be very top Admin-founder of forum, who can create folders.
i will PM Rahul Kumar

I found the host and sent an email, and also just realized that this forum was created May 14, 2002, wow that a long way back and tonns of information...

and May 15, 02 there was already 12 000 people registered... was it a transfer from another forum?

Makes you hope that someone somewhere is backing up the forum database on a semi-regular basis, as disks do not last for ever.

I also support a folder with city threads.

Inside the folder, it should be permanently-arranged alphabetically by city names. This is to prevent the threads from being bumped up and down. For example, if someone responds to the San Diego thread, it should not be moved up above the Anchorage thread. Makes it a lot easy for readers from each city to find the right thread.

I moderate a car forum with city folders.(showing the group meets and other stuff related to each city) It's not hard to do at all... :)

or even go as far as divide it onto 4 folders according to Service centers, and inside divide by state or regions.

i think more newcomers would find relevan info and contribute, rather then when "City Threads" are mixed with "General Info Threads"

I am moderator on other forum myself, so if nobody of current moderators has time, I know how to do it, if given temporary authorization.

It's not a bad idea. "City" is an irrelevant concept though; the point is to divide threads by DO. Note that this is already attempted in the sticky on this forum, "Begin your search here"--unfortunately, nobody is maintaining this and the information is out of date.

This forum is already a little better organized than many others, for which the taxonomy tends to be by filing month or by service center--neither of which have any bearing on processing time.

yes i meant DO folder, thank you NYC ;)

as to other forums, i am trying to add DO stats vs SC or month stats info to FAQ of VJ (visajourney), but some people seem to still ignore it

as to outdated FAQ here, i think reason is people who get citizenship leave forum including many moderators, so the host should assign new authorizations every year or so. sometimes host can use voting poll.

host must be busy to reply, does anybody have a way to contact him other then PM? Thanks!

i left a message to this # Law Offices Of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC (703) 908-4800

Last edited by a moderator: