Suggestion to handle my lead

indian_hydra

My lead is harrasing me suggestion to handle my lead

Hi
Presently I'm on H1b visa and on a project as a programmer and I came into this project through a consulting company and founder of that consulting company is my lead at client side, he is not my employer.

1. Client has given an increment after one year and my lead said they didn't increase the amount, and I have to work on same amount if i want to. Some times he used to tell that this project is ending soon, so that I should not learn and leave this job so that he can bring another consulant at my position. He doesn't give access to other system and warns if i entered in that area he will fire me. To save his job he doesn't want anyone to learn or stick to this client.

2. Also my lead warns me that if i work at same client through direct vendor(which is between client and my lead) he will fire me. I have signed an agreement with my lead before joining this project that i cannot work with his client without his permission.

3. How do I know that direct vendor is his client?

I need your suggestions what to do at this present situation without loosing this job.

Thankx
An Indian

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't bypass your employer and work at the same site as you may have entered into a non-competence agreement with your employer. Even if you haven't signed any agreement with your employer, your employer may have the agreement with the client.

The best thing for you is to look for another good H1B sponsoring company and transfer your H1B to them and start looking for new assignments. All the best.