suggestion please !!!

gtracker03

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I have a question. my current project at client site might be ending in couple of weeks. It has been more than 365 days my i-485 is filed (nov ,2001 at nsc). My current employer is willing to keep on pay (3 months ... ) for sometime but he doesnt have a project for me work on currently.

If i get a job in next couple of days can I join a new job as a full time employee and still maintain status with old employer. My old employer does not have a problem with 2 employments at same time.

Do I need to file AC-21 since i will be still on old companys payroll ?

Is it mandatory to file AC-21 if you know that you are going change job after you get green card?

Recap :
Can I have two jobs at same time ? ( i am on ead now ..)
Do I need to file ac-21 when i go to new job ? while maintaining employment status with my old employer.

will this cause any future problems ?

You can work on as many jobs you want with your EAD. Only H1b has restrictions on number of jobs.

You need not inform INS is you are using AC21. It is upto to us to inform INS, they havent come up with any statutes for that.

All that matters is when they ask for an RFE or when you go to an interview, you should have a 'same or similar job' and have documented proof for that.

PS:- I am not a lawyer blah blah...

still?

adjustee thanks for the reply.

eventhough I plan to maintain my employee status with old employer who is sponsoring GC, do I still need to file for AC21 because i am not sure that I will change to new company though i will be working for it ?

Is it mandatory that I should work for GC sponsored employee for 6 months once it is approved ? any consequences of not doing that ?

Can this be a contract full time jobs

when REF is asked for employment letter or verifiecation after 180 days? I wonder..