Sue the company

regbet2003

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,
I just heard information from one of the staff that if company lay off people who are in I485 stage can sue the company. I would assume the letter given for the I485 stage is the effidence.
Is this true? Please share your ideas.
And the staff is saying the employee can win in this scenario.

Note: I am not a lawyer, the information may not be accurate use at your own risk.

Don't bet on that!

If (Most of them does) the Employment letter states that it can be terminated with / without notice by either party.

It is true that 'Future Employment' is required at the time of GC process, but does not imply that the Employer is bound by it. He can always void the employment and send the facts to NSC. RFE for employment verification is issued exactly for this purpose.

I don't think you can sue the employer for laying off people with 485 pending - not just on those grounds!! You may want to look at 'Discrimination' as a possible motive!

By your question we know that you are not a lawyer. Don’t write some bullsite note without meaning. You and company is not making any agreement. So, you can’t sue.

sue

vetri, what regbet2003 has asked is a very sensible qn. You dont need to be rude on that.

In the entertaintment industry these type of law suits are common. The reason is they have lawyers and money. I believe you will be able to sue and win the case if you have a good lawyer.

140seekerJune,
I am not talking about his question. The question is a very sensible qn. Agree with you. answered for that. Do you agree with his note? Do you think this note is necessary in this place? You have to copycat the things in the right place. Not all the place.

Last edited by a moderator: