sue attorney

Attorneyfate

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I need your help/suggetion on the following:

My I 140/485 rejected last week only due to attorney blunder. Now I do not have any option except changing employer and start from labor.

I asked my attorney to return my money but he refused to do that.

I want to sue him for my money.

Can anyone suggest me how to sue him and is there anyone who has already done that?

Thanks

reason

he has mentioned completely wrong education qualifications in my labor application. In job requirements , he has specifically mentioned 4 years US degree required and he has shown same under my qualifciations. But my 4 years degree is from India.

Nebraska sent the rejection letter after RFE stating the same reason.

Attorney accepted the mistake but refused to pay the money.

Unitednations,
Thats good to know because my LC is similar - no 'or equivalent'.

Attorneyfate,
Did your LC specifically mention 'US degree required', or just 4 year college degree required.

foreign degree question

Unitednations,

Can you share the information about your college degree and how it was considered equivalent to 4 year bachelors?

I have been keeping my fingers crossed since I heard about this issue. I have a 3 year math degree and 2+ years of diploma (non-government). My labor ETA colum has the words 'Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field of study'. I did an evaluation from an agency saying that my degree and computer courses are equivalent to a bachelor's in US with concentration in computers.

Unitednations,
My attorney called me yesterday and said my I-140 is denied.It was due to the Education 4 year thing. My attorney had put 4 years in the Labor certificate and I have 3 years Bachelors+ combination of various Computer eduction certificates.
I saw you were also in the same boat once and got it approved after you appealed.
I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me the key points and who I should contact to do my Educational evaluation to strongly present my case.
I hope you understand my situation and help me.

The online message still shows the old message " received your request.. it is taking between 150 days..."

Thanks much in advance.
Frust2004

Frust2004

frust2004,

Did you submit any kind of credential evaluation with your 140 application. What was the requirement on the LC.

I am on the same boat as you and only I applied for the 140 in Mar '04. I will have to soon follow what you go thru.

Good luck to you. I really wish you can successfuly fight this.

indgcmagic said:
frust2004,

Did you submit any kind of credential evaluation with your 140 application. What was the requirement on the LC.

I am on the same boat as you and only I applied for the 140 in Mar '04. I will have to soon follow what you go thru.

Good luck to you. I really wish you can successfuly fight this.

indgcmagic,
Yes I did . But in the notice it says the evaulator did not mention the evaluator's qualification or experience and my stupid attorney had put 4 years required when I had sent him all my certificates which clearly indicates it is 3 years. Anyway it is all my ill fate & He got his money.

attorneyfate

My ETA750 says 'Bachelors required'
In another column , major study in Computers or Commerce.

My 140 was rejected because combination of degrees not accepted in lieu of a bachelors degree. It is clearly attorney mistake. He clearly knows about my education qualifications.

Is there anyone sued your attorney? I think we should start sue these stupid attorneys. Mistakes are common in human nature but they should accept this.

Advertise here their names......

Guys,
You can sue him for not completing his job for the money you paid. If he mentioned anything wrong in INS forms other than in your quetionaire and proof (before sending INS forms). Moreover, you can keep him out of business by posting his name in this site and notify our guys about your employer and Attorney. it is more than sueing them by keeping them out-of-business. Some employers also forcing their attorneys not to send the complete documentation along with 140/485 to receive the query and delay the process. Don't fear Mention their names.

Can you post message in your denail notice? casue.......

Attorneyfate said:
he has mentioned completely wrong education qualifications in my labor application. In job requirements , he has specifically mentioned 4 years US degree required and he has shown same under my qualifciations. But my 4 years degree is from India.

Nebraska sent the rejection letter after RFE stating the same reason.

Attorney accepted the mistake but refused to pay the money.