Sucessful H4- H1b Stamping, Tijuana, Mexico

kaachu

HI,

This forum was very helpful in preparing the docs needed for H1b Stamping. Now its my turn to post my experience.

I had the visa appt in tijuana, MExico on Oct, 2006 . My case was basically from H4-H1b. After coming to US on H4 I did my masters in California. One year before my graduation I got a sponsorship and the employer filed for H1B.
I decided to go for stamping on Oct 2006.

These are docs that I carried.

Passport
1-94
2 passport photograph
I-797
DS-156
BANAMEX Receipt $100
LCA
Copy of I-129
employment offer letter
employment continuation letter
Prev Experience letters
W-2 form for 2005
2005 Federal tax returns & all h4 tax returns
ALL Pay stubs
Resume that was submitted along with the I-129 application
Current updated Resume
Degree certificate and transcript
- MS degree
- BS degree
- Transcript
- Company’s profile/Brochure and Company's photos
- client letter
- client photos
- marraige certificate & photos
- bank statements

I stayed in a Travel lodge, San Ysidro. From hotel the border is just 10 min walk.

I was there in the border around 7:45 am. Took A cab to the US consulate( takes 20 min from the border).. After reaching the consulate went to the BANAMEX bank to get the receipt. After collecting the receipt stood in my appt time's line. After a while, some security lady called me and all other H1b stamping Applicants and sent us inside even before the appt time.

After the clerk verifying the I94/i797 ,she took photos & finger printing and was asked to wait in the line for the Visa interview.

The Visa offcier just asked my I797 and went thru the 156 form and after few mins said that my Visa is approved and said that I can collect the passport at 3 pm. That was the coolest thing I have ever experienced.

On that day all H1b stampings were successful. Collected the passport@ 3 pm and successfuuly re entered the US border. In the US border, got a new
I 94( hacve to pay $6 in the border) with expiry date as per the new visa.

Thanks.. and good luck for all

Tijuana - H4 stamping appointment on Dec 26.

Hi Friends,

Please help on these issues:

I am going myself for a H4 stamping on Dec 26 @ Tijuana.
Do I need my spouse's original PP and I797 as well or the copies of the spouse is good enough.
I am from Los Angeles area planning to drive on the same day early morning itself. My appt is at 9:30 am. Any one on that day, please contact me at kan_lxm@yahoo.com

Thanks,
KL

Tijuana - H4 stamping appointment on Dec 26.

Hi Friends,

Please help on these issues:

I am going myself for a H4 stamping on Dec 26 @ Tijuana.
Do I need my spouse's original PP and I797 as well or the copies of the spouse is good enough.
I am from Los Angeles area planning to drive on the same day early morning itself. My appt is at 9:30 am. Any one on that day, please contact me at kan_lxm@yahoo.com

Thanks,
KL

Thanks for sharing your experiance. I am also planning to attend for my H1B stamping. I have a question for you. Did you have to get the visitor VISA for Mexico. Or its not requird. Could you please clarify this asap. I have an interview on Dec 20th.
Also, where did you get tyhe BANAMEX receipt for 100$. I am assuming this is a visa fee.

kaachu said:
HI,

This forum was very helpful in preparing the docs needed for H1b Stamping. Now its my turn to post my experience.

I had the visa appt in tijuana, MExico on Oct, 2006 . My case was basically from H4-H1b. After coming to US on H4 I did my masters in California. One year before my graduation I got a sponsorship and the employer filed for H1B.
I decided to go for stamping on Oct 2006.

These are docs that I carried.

Passport
1-94
2 passport photograph
I-797
DS-156
BANAMEX Receipt $100
LCA
Copy of I-129
employment offer letter
employment continuation letter
Prev Experience letters
W-2 form for 2005
2005 Federal tax returns & all h4 tax returns
ALL Pay stubs
Resume that was submitted along with the I-129 application
Current updated Resume
Degree certificate and transcript
- MS degree
- BS degree
- Transcript
- Company’s profile/Brochure and Company's photos
- client letter
- client photos
- marraige certificate & photos
- bank statements

I stayed in a Travel lodge, San Ysidro. From hotel the border is just 10 min walk.

I was there in the border around 7:45 am. Took A cab to the US consulate( takes 20 min from the border).. After reaching the consulate went to the BANAMEX bank to get the receipt. After collecting the receipt stood in my appt time's line. After a while, some security lady called me and all other H1b stamping Applicants and sent us inside even before the appt time.

After the clerk verifying the I94/i797 ,she took photos & finger printing and was asked to wait in the line for the Visa interview.

The Visa offcier just asked my I797 and went thru the 156 form and after few mins said that my Visa is approved and said that I can collect the passport at 3 pm. That was the coolest thing I have ever experienced.

On that day all H1b stampings were successful. Collected the passport@ 3 pm and successfuuly re entered the US border. In the US border, got a new
I 94( hacve to pay $6 in the border) with expiry date as per the new visa.

Thanks.. and good luck for all

Hi i have a visa appointment in Nov in Tijuana for H4 to H1B

I have an appointment arround 9 AM. do i need to get the DD before i go to Tijuana are can i get the DD In Bamex bank in Tijuana the same day and visit consulate.

How can we get mexican visa how much does this cost. Is this mandatory to get this visa.
My H4 visa got expired in my passport 2 1/2 years ago and i am an h1B for the last 2 2/1 years and i have all my pay stubs and w2's. Is this ok to go mexico for h1B stamping

Thanks in advance

Ka5189

Last edited by a moderator: