Sucessful CP at Montreal

vishpallavur

I delighted to inform you that I completed my CP process at Montreal recently. The process was smooth and we received our packets by 11:00 am. Same day we drove to the nearest PoE and got our passports stamped. Finally a long journey is almost complete (receipt of the Card will complete the journey).

My sincerest thanks to all the folks who have posted their comments and experiences on this site. Your inputs was invaluable in helping me chase my lawyers and speed up things.

I\'ll post a detailed experience in CPtracker.com

Braves

Original documents

Congrats. I heard that all origianl documents have to be sent to NVC along with Packet 3. Wondering if you did that or you did copies and took originals to the Consulate.

Thanks.

Plain copies, attorney-certified, or notarized copies to NVC?

In the Packet 3 you received are there any thing like \'submit originals or certified copies for all supporting documents\'? When did your receive the Packet?

I am very concerned with giving out originals along with Packet 3 as I only have ONE SINGLE COPY for some of my documents and certainly do not want any chance getting them lost.

Thanks.

No Title

jiang;
I\'ve been following your concerns about submitting the originals. My Pkt 3 said to submit "originals/certified copies"; however, my attorney refused to send the originals and after seeing the originals himself he certified the copies as "Attorney Certified True Copy". NVC has received my Pkt 3 on 12/26/01 but the review is not complete yet. As soon as I find out that my review is complete I will post it. I don\'t know what stage you\'re at right now? In the meantime its up to you if you want to take a chance.

That\'ll be really helpful

Ara2000,
Many thanks for the follow-up on my question. It will be terrifically helpful if you can tell me the result once you review is completed.

I am about to file my 1-140 and need to make educated decision regarding if I need to request CP. Certainly I do not want to lose any of my original documents. Right now I-140 is quick, about 1 month in VSC.

Can any other CPers shed light on this issue?

Many thanks.

Always opt for CP in I-140.

Jiang:

One should always opt for CP in I-140, regardless of what the eventual choice is. This is because switching from CP to AOS is trivial, but switching from AOS to CP can be time consuming. While you wait for I-140 processing, start gathering documents for the next step (CP or AOS).

Ara2000, see my post on our Montreal tracker discussion.

Police Certificate

Hi, gcDrone,
I understand we need to do our RCMP fingerprint-based check by ourselves. What should we do with our stay in the States? Do we have to do the same thing with FBI or the NVC takes care of it? If NVC does, when they will request us for fingerprinting, at Packet 3, or they do a name-based search once they received Packet 3.

Thanks.

NO PCC for US

Per Department of State, police certificates from certain countries (including US) are considered unobtainable by the applicant. In such cases, either the police certificate is unavailable, or is obtained by NVC. If needed, NVC shall conduct a background check. No action is required on the applicant\'s part. Recently, applicants from certain countries have been subject to an FBI check. I do not believe P.R.C. is included in the list of these countries.

CP Process in Montreal Canada

Dear All,
I have my I140 submitted under AOS process in Dec.05/2001. However I wish to change to CP, what step should I do???.
Also, Is it true that once you switch from AOS to CP, you can not go back to AOS???( I was told by my HR Dept.).
Also, could someone tell me what physicians in Toronto are eligible for the CP health examination requirement???

GC_MONGER:

1. I have my I140 submitted under AOS process in Dec.05/2001. However I wish to change to CP, what step should I do???.

You need to file I-824 and request INS to transfer your case to NVC. It may take 4-6 weeks. Upon case transfer, NVC will initiate the consular process. You may also want to explore the possibility of AC-140 with your lawyer. Considering the timelines involved, you may be better off with your current petition for Adjustment of Status.

2. Also, Is it true that once you switch from AOS to CP, you can not go back to AOS???( I was told by my HR Dept.).

Per INS, filing of I-824 indicates abandoning of the petition for Adjustment of Status. So, you won\'t be able to continue with your existing AOS application. Of course, you can always switch to AOS by re-filing I-485 (i.e., starting a new process).

3. Also, could someone tell me what physicians in Toronto are eligible for the CP health examination requirement???

There are several physicians, here is a sample link:
http://www.panelphysicians.com

However, you don\'t need this information at this stage. NVC will provide you a list of physicians in "Packet 4", the penultimate stage of consular processing.

Congratulations....

on the completion of the process and hopefully on obtaining the card. I was wondering if you can help me with the following:

I have just received the I-140 approval and need to decide whether to proceed with CP (Montreal) or AOS. Could you possible tell me what kind of questions are aksed in the interview? Also, where do I need to do my Medical exam and how do I obtain police information that is required. Do I need to get police certificates from RCMP only or is there anything else involved? Do I obtain police certificates for only the countries that I have lived in after age of 16 or for all countries I ever lived in? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks