SUCESSFUL 7TH H1B/H4 REVALIDATION at Tijuana, Mexico

RajWaitingonLCA

Registered Users (C)
SUCESSFUL 7th Year H1B/H4 REVALIDATION at Tijuana, Mexico

Dear All,

Thanks for sharing all experience and information with me.

I am happy to tell you guys, I got 7th year H1B and H4 staping at Tijuana without any problem.

I had Indian degree and NO documents asked at all, just asked what do you do? and How many Indian lang. I speak?

FOR THOSE YOU were looking for answer whether USA citizen kid's allowed with NO interview taken....YES absolutely they allowUSA citizen kid, just need to tell them my kid is USA citizen.

DO NOT take anything with you inside the consulate.

At Tijuana everyone was very friendly....

So I am back in business!!!!

JAI SAIRAM
Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
clarification for stamping

RajWaitingonLCA
Congrates on visa stamping.
I didn't understand what you were telling abt your kid??. Do we need to take visa for him for going outside of USA since he is USA citizen.

My case is similar to your, and i am planning to go to Canada for my stamping.
Could you u please furnish me what are the docments to carry with me. First time I got my visa stamped at Chennia and next time by post in St.louis.

Do u think my case is risky.

Thanx in advance for ur time.

Many Thanks to you as well

Hello GC_Lover

Thanks for all your help as well......here in this forum everyone is very helpful....GOD bless to everyone and I hope noone gets any trouble in stamping...

JAI SAIRAM
Raj

GC_Lover said:
Congrats Raj...I was hoping to see your message anytime soon :)

hello kesari03

USA citizen kid doesn't need any VISA, for your USA citizen kid please take passport along with you and I took copy of birth certificate along with me, just in case.

Their is NO risk invloved if your papers are up to date...and you were on status all the time....similar like other post I took all possible documents with me.

Additional document
Employer Tax document
Employer Pictures
Client Letter
Client Pictures

Buddy please let me know if you have any questions..I will be more than happy to help you...

Many Thanks

kesari03 said:
RajWaitingonLCA
Congrates on visa stamping.
I didn't understand what you were telling abt your kid??. Do we need to take visa for him for going outside of USA since he is USA citizen.

My case is similar to your, and i am planning to go to Canada for my stamping.
Could you u please furnish me what are the docments to carry with me. First time I got my visa stamped at Chennia and next time by post in St.louis.

Do u think my case is risky.

Thanx in advance for ur time.

same day approval?

Hi! I am going to have my interview appointment for H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana also this March 15. I wanna know if they release approved visa on your passport the same day? Or should I make a long term(2day/1 week)travel plan?

When was ur interview? And when did u receive it? Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

Hopeful

Here is my experience....

They pretty much issue VISA on the same day!, you should get your passport same day at between 3:00 to 3:30pm....just show them confidence...they won't ask you anything....if they see you are nervous then they might go in detail......

Everything was similar experience....like others at Tijuana...

Let me jump to Interview window.
Me: Good Morning Sir,
VO: Good Morning
My younger kid: Started crying....
VO: why don't you tell your family to take a seat in waiting area...my wife was bit nervous.
Me: I really really appreciate your understanding about kid
VO: NO need to worry I have kid's I do understand...
Me: Once again Thanks
VO: How long you work for this company
Me: Answered
VO: good, what do you do?
Me: Per client requirement, I analyst whole requirment, desginging, codeing, develop functional/technical document, create a user script, and final product testing..
VO: which Lang. you work on...
Me: Answered
VO: good..now let me cancel y our existing VISA and issue a new one..
Me: Thanks alot VISA Officer....
VO: now you can send your family for finger print...
VO to my family: Please come at 3:00 and pickup your passport.

Then I was all set....to kill time, Tijuana downtown is very good place..kid's ate Domino'z Pizza and my and wife ate Subway....it's was cool...

Make sure you goto BANAMEX first and after getting reciept stand in line...I was in like and they said please bring reciept and come back....BANAMEX is 50 steps away from Consulate...it is very clause.

Please let me know in case if you have any questions.

Good Luck
Raj

helpful hopeful said:
Hi! I am going to have my interview appointment for H1-B visa stamping in Tijuana also this March 15. I wanna know if they release approved visa on your passport the same day? Or should I make a long term(2day/1 week)travel plan?

When was ur interview? And when did u receive it? Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

Hopeful

RajWaitingonLCA

I am planning to get my H1 revalidated in Tijuana, Mexico asap, but the latest available dates that I got is July 12, 2006 which is way too late for me as I was looking for sometime in next few weeks.

Anywayz, is it still possible for me to find any dates in March. Do the US embassy in Mexico update their Appointment Calendar everyday and is there a specific time I should look for the open dates?

Do you know if there's a Bus/Shuttle service around the border of San Diego, that can take me to Tijuana? A friend of ours told me they have something like that but if you have any info. on that please reply.

Any help from you will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

To rainbow0929

You should check VISA appointment dates every 2 hours....yea it does get update automatically once anyone cancel their VISA appoinment...when I went there were other 4 person was in list, but I was the only Indian was available to get it stamp.

As soon as you reach at the border, from 5 SOUTH take "LAST USA EXIT" and make a right turn you will see a PARKING LOT they will charge you $7 for a day....and you take a walk about 3 minutes that takes you mexican border...and you can easily cross the border...

One more thing Mexican Immigration officer told me 72 hours no problem without VISA....so you don't need any stamp in your passport....so we just walk to TAXI.....tell TAXI to American Consulate and Driver will ask you do want to goto bank and he will show you this is BANK and that is AMERICAN consulate...

Bank opens at 9:00am....

Please let me know still if you have any questions.

Good Luck
Raj

rainbow0929 said:
RajWaitingonLCA

I am planning to get my H1 revalidated in Tijuana, Mexico asap, but the latest available dates that I got is July 12, 2006 which is way too late for me as I was looking for sometime in next few weeks.

Anywayz, is it still possible for me to find any dates in March. Do the US embassy in Mexico update their Appointment Calendar everyday and is there a specific time I should look for the open dates?

Do you know if there's a Bus/Shuttle service around the border of San Diego, that can take me to Tijuana? A friend of ours told me they have something like that but if you have any info. on that please reply.

Any help from you will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks!

Hi! I was too busy that i got to read your reply to my post JUST now. Anyways, thanks a lot! Yesterday was my successful interview March 15, 2006 in Tijuana, Mexico. I'm posting my interview experience here as well to help others. I am not Indian but this thing of yours in the net really helps a lot. Gives a lot of encouragement.

My interview was really easy. Although, mine is H1 revalidation or my 2nd H1 Stamping(my 1st was stamped in my home country, Philippines), this might still help others who are still seeking any kind of revalidation. The questions asked were:
1. What part of Philippines are you from?
2. How long have you been in US?
3. How long have you been working with (company)?
4. Do u have your last 2 paychecks? (w/c of course I have)

In 2-3 minutes(I think), I was done.

But there we're two other Indians in the line that I made friends of. They we're both software engineers and was stamping from F1-H1. The other one is successful as well. But the other got rejected =( She got a 221g stamped on her passport and when she tried walking through the border, they said that the office for special cases closes early so she should just come back the next day. She ended up staying there in Tijuana.

So still anybody going to should still be prepared. Although I was just asked of my last two payslips, bring everything you can(all that is listed in the web) On my first H1 visa stampign, they asked for 941 (Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return) and DE6(Quarterly Wage and Withholidng Report) Maybe because my company is a small one(total of 20 employees)

Goodluck to everybody!

what happened?

Hi,

Any idea what happened to her. We are planning as well, and don't want to end up in trouble.

helpful hopeful said:
But the other got rejected =( She got a 221g stamped on her passport and when she tried walking through the border, they said that the office for special cases closes early so she should just come back the next day. She ended up staying there in Tijuana.

Goodluck to everybody!

Are there two consulates in Tijuana ?

On visa wait times websites it shows "Tujuana" and "Tijuana Tpf" as consulates ! which one we should use if I am trying to go from San Diego ?
Thanks in advance.

VK

Visa wait time is regularly just 1 day for "Tijuana". I believe that they just post 2 days or more for formalities. I called the consulate myself and they just want to advise applicants to plan to stay more than just 1 day. They just dont want to guarantee anyone of the visa so they're saying to plan a longer stay. But from my experience, all the visas approved that day was given the same day at 3pm. In regards to your question if there are two cosulates, i think there are but when scheduling appointment anyways at www.visa-usa.com.mx there is only 1 tijuana consulate to choose. Just choose that. Goodluck!

I dont know for now but I will try to call them up and ask what happened. I think that more confidence in front of the consul will help because when we were waiting on the line for our turn, she was pretty nervous. Just be prepared and confident! I will keep you posted.

rspr said:
Hi,

Any idea what happened to her. We are planning as well, and don't want to end up in trouble.

First time H1/No US Degree

Thanks for posting your experiences Raj and Hopeful!

My wife got moved form H4 - H1 last year (H1 startiing is OCt 2005) but started working from January. We are thinking of going to Vancouver/Tijuana. Prefer TInjuana becos its close to me and takes 1 day to process.

DO you guys see any risk for her as she doesn't have a US degree and her first h1b visa stamping. Also i would appreciate if you guys post any link to what all documents they can ask for a small company.

Thanks,
Praveen