Successfully finished CP at Chennai on 29th Nov- Smooth process

drk

Registered Users (C)
Finally finished my cp at chennai on 29th. Many thanks to Srifx. He rocks. The interview is a breeze. No questions asked. He asked for my latest paystub. My visa and my wife\'s visas are expired . He did not ask for H1 approvals for any of us. He did not even ask for her employment letter. I think it is safe for you guys to carry those. Went to the consulate at 8.05 AM. Separate lines for immigrant and non immigrant folks. Immigrants come first. He just checked the passport and appointment letter. Keep those handy because they will ask at several check points. Next the security screening. No Cell phones, organizers, lipstick.. all kinds of stuff. They are not allowing anything. I am not sure for the kids though. In the consulate we can get pepsi, tea, coffee and mineral water and vada. After going thru the security, sit under the shamiana. The security guard asked in random order to go the counters. Gave the documents and paid the 12480 dd\'s. Some of the people haven\'t kept the docs in the correct order and some people did not separate wife\'s documents and his documents. Clearly he is annoyed. He also gave the Bluedart bill to give the address where the shipment should go to. Then again sit in the shamiana. The consular officer asked to take the oath. Took the oath. Called the names after one and half hours( Good to carry newspaper or a magazine. Cools your nerves). Finally called my name around 11.30. The desi officer asked for the blue dart check and the address slip. I am not sure whether there is a number on the address slip. I wish I have asked for the blue dart tracking no. I haven\'t asked for it. I am also not sure whether they would give it also. Anyway, he slipped in documents like OF 230 II for signature and also he slipped in agreement doc stating that I would let them know if my job is gone before I reach US. He asked for my paystub. He asked to pay the fees in the next counter. There you pay the issuance fee ( 3120 rupees). That\'s it.

A few things to note

On all the DD\'s and back side of the photos - Full name and Case Number
Sign on the bottom and down on only two photos
Give only necessary docs
Better to carry latest paystuf (esp. if your h1 visa is expired)
Camera Citi opp. Chola - Shanmugam rocks. Good photos - No Hassle
I took the DD\'s at the bank behind consulate and if you say immigrant they fill up everything including the current exchange as per the consulate

The whole process is very smooth process. I understand what you guys think. unless you go thru the steps , you will not believe it. I will try to answer in between whenever I get the access to the computers.

Blue dart courier

Thanks for your cp experience. Could you please tell me how much money required for blue dart courier? Blue dart courier DD payable to whom? What is the name of bank and address you took a DD in Chennai? thanks

pls advise

Drk - Please confirm whether they asked to see your prior tax returns and W-2\'s.

List of DDs

Please tell me the list of DDs we have to get for CP (chennai)interview.(including the Blue dart fee)

These are the DDs i think are required

Application Fee Rs.12,480

Issuance Fee Rs.3,120

What about for Blue Dart?

Thanks
Shyamala

Thanks folks

The DD for Bluedart is 250 + 50 rupees per person. The DD should be on Blue Dart . For eg. For husband and wife the DD amount should be 250 + 50 + 50 = 350.

They did not ask for tax returns or W-2\'s specifically

They did not ask for tax returns or W-2\'s specifically. But they are part of the list of srifx required documents. So I gave them before they asked

DD for Rs.250 + (50*number of persons) and payable to \'BLUE DART\' at Chennai

for a family of husband, wife and kid, it will be 250+150= Rs.400

POE - Chicago - 12/30

Just stood in the citizens and permanent residents line. Asked me to sit on bench. Called my name in five minutes. Took finger prints and signature on both sides of the paper and stamped the passport. That\'s it. Everything is cool process. CP Rocks. My wife will join me later