Successfull Stamping @ Nogales Oct 26th 8:00am

Hyderabaddogred

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,
I gathered lot of information from this website.
Finally I got my first time H1B stamping done successfully.
I was tensed as I had my own flaws:

- OPT expired on Aug 12th and H1B started on Oct 1st, (Grace Period of 7 weeks)
- Did not finish my Masters thesis from US univ.
- No Mexican Visa/Permit.

the documents she needed other than I797, DS forms.. were, my Resume, Employment letter. and questions included my job responsibilities, current projects I am working on, My parents and siblings information...thats it....
No paystubs, no bank statements...nothing.......asked me to pay the fee.

Paid the fee, collected my Passport at 3:00pm and took a cab back to border, where I got my I-94 done with a fee of $6.

Finally it was a kool trip.

If you got any questions feel free to email me.

Thanks and all the very best.
Ravi.

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am considering going here for my 7th yr H1B extension but am not sure of how to obtain an appointment. I went to www.visa-usa.com.mx. and created a login but before it shows me available dates it is asking me to pay a $10 fee. Is this the only way? Generally how soon can you get an appointment date?

thanks.

Hyderabaddogred said:
Hello Guys,

the documents she needed other than I797, DS forms.. were, my Resume, Employment letter. and questions included my job responsibilities, current projects I am working on, My parents and siblings information...thats it....

Paid the fee, collected my Passport at 3:00pm and took a cab back to border, where I got my I-94 done with a fee of $6.

Ravi.

Hyderabaddogred said:
Hello Guys,

Ravi.

Hi, Ravi. Thank you for sharing your trip. I've also got an appointment in Nogales on November 28th 8am. The web site where I registered said I need to allow for a minimum or 3 business days to process your VISA, but it looks like you got it the same day. Would you recommend arriving at Nogales 1 day prior to your appointment and call a cab (7:20am or 7:30am the latest) the next day to get to the embassy? Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks.
:)

Appointment on Nov 29, 2006 at Nogales

Hi Azzkikr1337,
I took an appointment for Nov. 29, 10:00 AM and I'm planning to go for 7th year H1 stamping. I have received the AP based on my pending I485. I am thinking of using AP to enter US in case the visa is rejected, takes longer or is not issued in this trip. I'm from Pak. and expect to some extent that it might delay the issuance of visa although I am pretty optimistic that I should be issues the same day.

I have come across some some online services to help arrange the demand draft, shuttle service etc. Are you planning to go with anyone of these?

http://www.mexico-assistance.com/AOurServices.html

http://www.mexicoimmigrationconsultants.com/nogales.htm
I spoke to the guy (Jorge?? Gonzales) at this service and I think they are charging $450 including the application fee $100 and rest goes for Mexican entry permit etc.

Let's collect some information and help each other,
Best regards and best of luck,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Mexican visa or entry permit for Pakistani?

Folks, please share if you absolutely need the Mexican visa or the entry permit that Victor Garcia arranges for you in advance is sufficient?

My appointment is on Nov 27, Ciudad Juarez.
jefkorn said:
Hi Azzkikr1337,
I took an appointment for Nov. 29, 10:00 AM and I'm planning to go for 7th year H1 stamping. I have received the AP based on my pending I485. I am thinking of using AP to enter US in case the visa is rejected, takes longer or is not issued in this trip. I'm from Pak. and expect to some extent that it might delay the issuance of visa although I am pretty optimistic that I should be issues the same day.

I have come across some some online services to help arrange the demand draft, shuttle service etc. Are you planning to go with anyone of these?

http://www.mexico-assistance.com/AOurServices.html

http://www.mexicoimmigrationconsultants.com/nogales.htm
I spoke to the guy (Jorge?? Gonzales) at this service and I think they are charging $450 including the application fee $100 and rest goes for Mexican entry permit etc.

Let's collect some information and help each other,
Best regards and best of luck,
Jeff

Nogales Ato Z

Hi guys,
This forum has been really helpful.
I guess, can answer all your questions....PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
I had appointment on Nov.9,2006.
We (my wife and me) stayed at Best Western at Nogales.This hotel is run by Indian couple...realy helpful!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this place.
Next morning,we drove to the border...From Bestwesten make a right and drive 1 mile. you will see the border. make right on Mcdonald and first LEFT into the parking lot. pay $4 dollars for parking. They will show you the way to enter Mexico. Pass through the GOLDEN CAGE.....the revolving gate. YOU DONT NEED A PERMIT OR VISA TO GO TO THE US COUNSULATE. IT IS THE FREE ZONE. So dont spend money on permit or mexican visa.

Turn Right ...cabbies are standing right there....tell them US Counsulate....they will charge $7-8 dollars.(please have change or they will keep your $10 dollars...

You can walk to Banamex Bank ,and get the reciept. Bring your passport as they will need tha passport no. and address.
We had appointment at 8:00AM. We went to US coun. at 7:45 ....stayed in the line...Lady checked all the paper work. Ofcourse we did not have DRAFT.She told us to get the BAnamex reciept and join the line. Everyone get the appointment at 8:00 AM.
Dont need to use those agencies,eventhought they are reliable.
ITs totally up to you ...i got my reciept over there.

NOW here is the F***up!!!

There was a water leak inside the US embassy....so they closed it till 12:00 NOON. and told us to come at 12 O'clock......DAMN!
And told us they wont issue the passport bocoz of the delay. next day was VETERAN'S day...closed!! than Sat...SUNDAY!!!! O'my Lord!!!
So they said, if you interview that day ,we will get the VISA on MONDAY 11/13.Or reschedule for 11/13.

That was a real NIGHTMARE.
Our Visa was expired on July 24th. and we were goint to get 3 years revalidation.
So we went back to the border to come back to US side.
They gave us hard time. did our background check for 2 hours.
But guess what!!!! They let us enter back into US!!!!! THATS THE ONLY GOOD THIG.....and we cannot complain!!!

So we are going back tomorrow AGAIN...for our interview!!!!
I hope this time everything will be OK!

So after all this story....here are the guidelines:
1. Banamex reciept: Dont stress out. you can get it over there,EASY!
If you are stressing out....call Victor Garcia service.

2. YOU DONT NEED THE MEXICAN PERMIT/VISA .

3. CELL PHONE WORK AT THE BORDER SIDE. (I HAVE SPRINT)

4. You can leave all your electronic belonging outside the embassy. There is this Guy. he charges $3 dollars. Even security guard told us the same.

PRAY U DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT ...THE WAY WE DID!
Shit happens.....you gotta know how to FIX it!
Take care...
I will put my next post after we get the VISA Tomorrow!
God Bless Us All!!
Naresh
ndialani@yahoo.com

Good luck tomorrow!

Hi Naresh,
Thanks a lot for the write-up. I hope and pray that you get your visa today(Monday). After that please share with us the details of your experience again.

Other than that I would like to know following:

1. On your way back did US Immigration ask you about having Mexican visa or entry permit?

2. I heard that on your entry to Mexcio, if you have a permit you get it stamped and onyour way back to US, you surrender it and get an exit stampe from Mexico. Your thoughts?

3. I am subject to special registration (I'm not special :) it's for people from certain countries..I'm from Pakistan) which means that I should register with Immigration at the port of departure before departing US, in this case US immigration at Nogales Border. I'm wondering if they might ask me about that..any thoughts?

4. Could you please write up some of the questions they asked or documentation that helped you to get through the US immigration session?

5. Was your I-94 valid?

6. Did they write anything on the I-94? I'm assuming they probably didn't issue any I-94.

6. Did they record any departure or arrival into US by stamping anything on the passport?

Good luck and may God help you in your stamping today,
Best regards,
Jeff

ndialani said:
Hi guys,
This forum has been really helpful.
I guess, can answer all your questions....PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
I had appointment on Nov.9,2006.
We (my wife and me) stayed at Best Western at Nogales.This hotel is run by Indian couple...realy helpful!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this place.
Next morning,we drove to the border...From Bestwesten make a right and drive 1 mile. you will see the border. make right on Mcdonald and first LEFT into the parking lot. pay $4 dollars for parking. They will show you the way to enter Mexico. Pass through the GOLDEN CAGE.....the revolving gate. YOU DONT NEED A PERMIT OR VISA TO GO TO THE US COUNSULATE. IT IS THE FREE ZONE. So dont spend money on permit or mexican visa.

Turn Right ...cabbies are standing right there....tell them US Counsulate....they will charge $7-8 dollars.(please have change or they will keep your $10 dollars...

You can walk to Banamex Bank ,and get the reciept. Bring your passport as they will need tha passport no. and address.
We had appointment at 8:00AM. We went to US coun. at 7:45 ....stayed in the line...Lady checked all the paper work. Ofcourse we did not have DRAFT.She told us to get the BAnamex reciept and join the line. Everyone get the appointment at 8:00 AM.
Dont need to use those agencies,eventhought they are reliable.
ITs totally up to you ...i got my reciept over there.

NOW here is the F***up!!!

There was a water leak inside the US embassy....so they closed it till 12:00 NOON. and told us to come at 12 O'clock......DAMN!
And told us they wont issue the passport bocoz of the delay. next day was VETERAN'S day...closed!! than Sat...SUNDAY!!!! O'my Lord!!!
So they said, if you interview that day ,we will get the VISA on MONDAY 11/13.Or reschedule for 11/13.

That was a real NIGHTMARE.
Our Visa was expired on July 24th. and we were goint to get 3 years revalidation.
So we went back to the border to come back to US side.
They gave us hard time. did our background check for 2 hours.
But guess what!!!! They let us enter back into US!!!!! THATS THE ONLY GOOD THIG.....and we cannot complain!!!

So we are going back tomorrow AGAIN...for our interview!!!!
I hope this time everything will be OK!

So after all this story....here are the guidelines:
1. Banamex reciept: Dont stress out. you can get it over there,EASY!
If you are stressing out....call Victor Garcia service.

2. YOU DONT NEED THE MEXICAN PERMIT/VISA .

3. CELL PHONE WORK AT THE BORDER SIDE. (I HAVE SPRINT)

4. You can leave all your electronic belonging outside the embassy. There is this Guy. he charges $3 dollars. Even security guard told us the same.

PRAY U DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT ...THE WAY WE DID!
Shit happens.....you gotta know how to FIX it!
Take care...
I will put my next post after we get the VISA Tomorrow!
God Bless Us All!!
Naresh
ndialani@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 visa stamping at el paso

Hi my friend,

Can you please tell me the necessary documents for El Paso visa stamping. And do I need Mexican visa? any of your visa stamping experience and advice is appreciated.

This would be my first h1B stamping (H4 to F1 to H1).

If any one is having H1B stamping on 20th at elpaso can join with me.

Thanks & Regards

PS: Also I am copying this message to your email id

aecfgroup@yahoo.com