Successfull interview at ND on 9 july!

austin316

Registered Users (C)
GC PROCESS:
Medical examination :
Went for my med on 6 July.Had to cancel appt. with Dr Dawesar twice so was too embarrassed to call again.Just went to Dr.Chawla.No appt needed.Went there at 9:00am.A junior lady doc asked everybody to submit passport and fill a form(very general one)also to sign at the back of 2 passport size photos(ordinary ones).Not very nice person to talk to or enquire anything.Most of people were from Punjab and were unable to fill forms even in Punjabi(helped few of them in filling).Was asked to sit and wait in very small waiting hall/room.
Then she started calling all applicant.She just collected photos and returned passport and appt.letter after checking.Asked me to pay Rs.3000/-.I was surprised ‘cause total for phys.examination and other lab samples comes out to be only Rs.1200/ or so. I said I have already got MMR and hep B shot.She said OK then give Rs.2900/-.Still shocked,so I asked her what is that for to which she replied that it’s for tetanus and chicken pox vaccine in addition to phys exam and lab samples.I informed her that I had chicken pox when I was age 11-12,do I still need vaccine?She looked at Dr.Chawla (pissed off)and said OK give me Rs.1250/-!!There are 2 Dr. Chawlas,one senior and other junior.Senior is nice.
Then called in by nurse.Took my hgt,wgt,blood sample and gave me Tet shot and enquired few things about my med.history(had nothing in it to share).Went for xray(Rs.200/)at Lodhi road.On the way back to doc.got photos done.Shop was advised by auto driver.Photographer asked me to pay Rs.300/- for 8 photos as he said you need 3 for interview and rest for green card.I simply told him to stop making me a fool and just get me 4 photos in IV style.No more questions asked.Paid Rs.150/- as I wanted them right away.Went back to doc for phys.examination.Everything complete by 11:30 am.Was informed to collect reports on 8 july btw 4-6 pm.(request to give on 7th july was rejected).Need to bring orig passport OR a copy to collect reports and anybody can collect on your behalf.
This was deeetaillll version.Read next post for experience at interview.
Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview :
My interview was scheduled on 9 july at 8:00 am.Reached embassy at 7:30am and was asked to form line at 7:45 am(only IV cases at that time)Checked appt.letter and was let in(all bags were allowed inside after checking but no elect items)I was first person to enter consulate.Gave my appt letter to security staff inside and was advised to sit.The process for submitting documents started at around 8:15am.Then exactly my wait started.I think there is no such thing of first come and first serve,they have their own sequences.
There were only 3 EB cases that day(checked on IV list)rest all family based.Docs were being submitted at window no.16 and 17.The whole process was pretty slow.They were taking lot of time in collecting docs and also in calling next person.My patience was giving away.But finally they called my name at 11 am(remember I was first to enter) at window no.16.Person(desi guy)asked me to give my passport and med report and said is this the first time you got married???Stared at him and shocked about his question,replied that I’m single and please see my file first.Then he looked into my file and started laughing???(couldn’t understand the guy,as he was taking one thing and then going out of his box for some other work,again coming back and asking for other docs.may be that’s why he was taking so much time in collecting docs.but overall nice courteous person)so he checked my file on his compu and wrote that $335 being paid at NVC.Was asked to submit my DS 230 forms,PCC,BC,Job offer letter,photos(all basic things as listed in pkt4 nothing else).Was again asked to sit and WAIT.
The interviews were being conducted at window no.14 and 15.The consular officers were comparatively fast.I was called at around 12:15pm at window no 15.Officer was Indian guy with American accent and asked following things:
-Do I have plans to permanently settle in USA?
-What are you working as?
-What type of things you actually deal with?
-What are your job responsibilities?(same type of questions asked in different manner)
-Where are you working and that is at which place?
-Have you ever applied for USA by name of *****?
(He was actually busy with his computer work and didn’t care for my answers)It took just 2-3 mts and then he said,”OK,sign here and raise your right hand(blah blah blah for oath).Congratulations I’m approving your visa and now you are permanent immigrant of USA and hopefully will be USA citizen soon.” Said thanks to him and was given red slip to be given at cash counter for courier.Paid Rs.400/ in cash(there is some confusion regarding this but ND takes cash only for courier) and was asked to write my address on one huge envelope.All done and was out by 12:30 pm
Here I take this opportunity to thank God Almighty.and then to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this forum for people like us to share our views and clarify our doubts.Also thanks to Rjain,P_L,njcpdel,alren,KD,Raju and many more who shared their experiences and helped me in time of crisis.All the best to future cpers.I’m kind of hooked to this forum so will be checking it regularly.So any queries you guys have,I will reply to best of my knowledge.
Lastly,(as given in many other threads)Live life king size but my version will be LIVE LIFE FREE MIND.
Austin.

Congratulations !!!!

So you can bargain with the medical fees .......

I am copying your experience in the Delhi thread hope you don't mind.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
austin:

Congratulations. Whether it is live life king size OR live life free mind, bottom line is that you got freedom, the week of american independence. Enjoy life!

Hi austin,

For this question

"Do I have plans to permanently settle in USA?"

what is a "good" answer?? Would you mind sharing your answer atleast in vague terms..?

Thanks,
Dilbert

dilbert30 said:
Hi austin,

For this question

"Do I have plans to permanently settle in USA?"

what is a "good" answer?? Would you mind sharing your answer atleast in vague terms..?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Guess the answer should be "Very much". Unlike the F1 answer "No Never"!!!

Man.. these visas, borders, discrimination, inequality. The perpetual struggle.
And with that our answers from this side of the bullet proof glass on the D-day....

Satyameva Jayathe!!!!

hi dilbert,
as rashmi has said answer should be 'YES' cause we are applying for green card not for any student visa or temp worker visa.i think these are just tricky questions being asked by consular.just imagine if you say,NO,i don' t have any plans to permanently settle in USA.then?(keep guessing...)
austin.

Rashmi, Austin,

Thanks for your input. I have no prior interview experience at the consulate. When I applied for my F1, i was not even asked any question, perhaps because i had a full scholarship at one of the top schools. I was just asked to pay the fees and thats it. For H1, i used the drop box. So, this will be my first interview experience. Thanks again.

Best,
Dilbert