Successfull GC interview on 01/29 at Chennai

kuldeep singh

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I do not still believe that I am successfully done with the GC interview. No questions asked at the interview, very smooth process.
No problem at the POE, SFO (Hardly 10 minutes) either.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Will post a detailed message later, let me know if someone should need a detailed message regarding any particular topic.

Best of luck
Kuldeep.

I STRONGLY recommend Hotel Grand Orient

It is about 10 minute walk from the consulate. Here is a link to my recent CP experience with more information on this hotel.

gimme_gc "SUCCESSFUL CP INTERVIEW ON DEC. 19 (YES, DEC. :) AT CHENNAI" 1/25/02 7:22pm

Good luck,
gimme_gc

To Apply for Consular Processing ???

Rajeev,

I have been following your case in Chicago DOL, since it\'s only few days before mine.My labor is approved, waiting for hardcopy and then for filing I-140.
Question-
Have you opted for CP while filing I-140 ? If so, could you tell me what kind of benefit is there in terms of processing time,AOS Vs CP?

Please let me know where can I find more details about the above.

CP rules!

Mohan,
Congrats on your approval. Getting to the point, CP is much faster compared to AOS. Just read the postings in the forums here to get more info. from Gotcher\'s site, rejection rates are 1:15 between the 2 methods. It might get even better now with NVC preprocessing immigrant visa applns before forwarding to consulates. Besides this, I have had a couple of my friends go for CP recently and they could not be happier. The last one even got his card within 2 weeks of entry into US! if you don\'t have any problems-status or otherwise, go for CP.
Yes, I will apply for CP; I am still waiting for hardcopy; but will apply for CP-as you can change your mind any moment and file for AOS. The converse is not true!

thanks!

I read your posting and thanks for replying to my question. Did you reserve your room from US? How many days did you stay there?

Not true

When you specify CP while doing 140, your application is sent to NVC after 140 approval. If you change your mind and want to do AOS at that time, just file 485 with INS and they will get the paperwork from NVC.

gimme_gc