Successfull CP @ Mumbai on 2nd January, 2002

waitnwatch

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

I am bit late in posting this but did not get any time to do so.

First of all, we got our visas on 2nd January. We and there was another EB category couple. Both of us got it.

Nothing much to report in terms of documents/interview etc. But one IMPORTANT thing about PCC:

As we were the first ones to appear in month of Janaury and also first ones since the new rule came into effect, we were nervous. I had obtained PCC for both myself and my wife from local police station.

At the time of document collection, the guy asked me for PCC and I started with explaining that I never received the notice of getting a PCC. And to that, the guy said that its okay. For January month it should be okay. And so I did not even submit the PCC I had and it was okay. The other couple also were fine !!!!!

So, in my opinion, if you have obtained PCC then its fine. But if you haven\'t then don\'t stress out. For Jan CP\'ers they will not be enforcing it strictly. Try to get it and keep it just in case, but don\'t stress out yourself and your family :)

Again, this is just my opinion and my gut feeling. So guys, take this advise as you would like any other on this forum.

I won\'t be able to access net very regularly till 7th, but still post any questions and I will try my best.

Thanks to this board and everyone who participates on this !!!

waitnwatch...pls contact me at your earliest convenience.

Hi waitnwatch...

First of all, many congrats to you and your wife on getting your CP successfully from Mumbai. I am travelling next week to apply for my PCCs. I have my interview scheduled for Jan 24th in Mumbai consulate. Could you please forward me your contact info in India like telephone number if u don\'t mind. It would really help me. U can mail me at khanejaz@hotmail.com. I am looking forward to some guidance from u. My dad is trying to do some research on the PCCs and be prepared so that when I come, we can apply for my PCC right away. That way, we don\'t waste much time. How long did it take u to get your PCCs? Please reply at your earliest convenience. Eagerly awaiting...Thanks!

congrats

waitnwatch . Goodluck in future.
One quick question. How old is your employment letter from the date of interview. Please advise.
Congrats once again. Also please kindly post your interview experience also.
Thanks a lot.

Congratulations waitnwatch!!!!

Thanks so much for your posting. I am relieved to know that they will be lenient regarding the PCC for the January CPers. Congrats again and good luck for the future!

Thank you all

for your wishes !!

IluvGC : My employment letter was dated 10th December, 2001 and interview was set for 2nd Jan, 2002. But the P4 mentions that it can be as old as 6 months. As long as it is on company letter head AND notarized, a month or two old letter is very much okay.

Ejaz : I will try to send you the info, but I am reaching US this weekend and so best is to either post here or send a private message.

I will be checking this board once a day and will be glad to answer any question I can.

waitnwatch

Hi..Thanks for your message. Just to let you know, I will be leaving for Mumbai tomorrow and would like to get started on my PCC process at the earliest. Again, pls feel free to send me mails at khanejaz@hotmail.com

Good luck for your POE preparations and have a safe trip back to the US