Successfull CP @ Mumbai on 29th Jan

shai

I Had a successfull CP yesterday at Mumbai

The whole process is Smooth except one small glitch. The person who collected document at Window number 10 told me that they haven\'t receieved hard copy of my I-140 from NVC but he can see it online. Fortunately I had the original approval notice otherwise I had to go back from the consulate without interview.

I reached the Consulate at 9:30 am in the morning. First they complete the interveiw process for all family based applicant. They started collecting document for Employment based applicant around 11:30 am at window 10 and 11.

The person was an indian person at the window ...and then asked for the following papers
- DS 230 Part-1
- DS-230 part 2
- Immigration photos (all photos except myown photo studio were rejected. It is very expensive to get the photo\'s inside consulate)
- IRS 9003
- PCC from local police station and RPO
- Transalted birth certificate and affidavit of Birth certificate (this is applicable only if your name is not included in your original birth certificate)
- Origianl H1
- Employment letter
- medical reports ( Only brown envelope was taken ..Xrays are returned )

For my wife similar documents except employment letter. Then we were told to seat for few minutest. AFter 15-20 minutes my name was called for the interview on window 9. THe consulate officer asked only two questions.
1. Where I am working
2. My designation

THen he told me to collect visa at 3:00 PM.

I reached the consulate at 2:30 and had to stand in a big queue. They started giving visa\'s around 4:00 PM.

It was a very smooth sailing.

Good Luck to all and thanks to this board.

Congrats Shai! One questions!

How did you get the clearance from the Local police station? Is this police certificate known as no object certificate or Character certificate?. Can you please post the format of the local police clearance?

Where you in India to get the PCC from the RPO?

Please reply. Thanks.

Congratulations Shai Two Questions

This question is in regards to the Birth Certificate.
The birth Certificate I have is in Punjabi, so I got it translated in English. The translation was done on a green coloured paper with a Rs. 5.00 stamp and notorized. Is this sufficient or do we need to get it done on a Stamped Paper, which a Currency note on the Top?
My second question is that there is no name on my birth Certificate too, so what kind of Affidavite did you make?

You quick response is required I am leaving for New Delhi tomorrow for my interview on the 6th, Feb.

Thanks,
AJ

congrats Shai, Had a few Questions!

Congrats Shai,
I am thinking about Cp from Mumbai Consulate too.BTW, when did your I140 come in & how long did it take from there to get your interview date!

Congrats

Can you please post details on how you obtained local PCC and clearance from RPO.

thanks
BKS

Can you please post the procedure for local police clearance?

How did you get the clearance from the Local police station? Is this police certificate known as no object certificate or Character certificate?. Can you please post the format of the local police clearance?
Where you in India to get the PCC from the RPO?

Please reply.