iamforcp

Registered Users (C)
Had a successfull CP today at Delhi . Mine was AC-140 case

The total interview time from the announcement of my name
till I left was 2 min 38 sec.

The whole process is Smooth .

I reached the Consulate at 7:45 am in the morning
At 8:00 we were allowed inside the consulate and were seated
At 8:30 am the person came to sworn everybody saying that whatever you are submitting is true ..One has to raise the Right hand ...It is followed by Hindi translation

All the immigrants visa person were then lines up and told to go to window 14 or 15 . The person at the window gives out the papaer which describes as what fees has to be paid . he or she then also tells you to
sign the DS-23o part 2. You are then seated . after 15 -20 min you are told to pay the fees .
The fees waid paid by me in USD Cash..They also accept traveller Cheques ..

After paying the fees it was just wait n watch

At 10:00am my name was called to come to window number 15

The names are called in random order. I was lucky to be called at 10:00.

The person was an indian person at the window ...and then asked for the following papers
1. DS-230 part 2
2. Ds-23 part1 ( i had filled a new one as my wife ahad a change in Job)
3. I-134
4. IRS 9003
5. PCC
6. Employement letter
7. Birth and marriage certificate
8. medical reports ( Only brown envelope given by Dr KP jain was taken ..Xrays are returned )

gave only the photostat copies of above .

Only Original for Employement letter was given

He asked me 2 questions only
1. Which organisation do I work for ?
2. What is my designation

Then he proceeded for my wifes documents
Similar Documents were aksed ..Since Me and my wife had arranged all the documnets he directly took the whole bundle ..checked it ...and then asked for photographs .....Then told us to come back at 4:30 PM

At 10:10 am i was outside the emabassy

I cam back at emabsssy in the evening to collect the visa at 4:30 PM and got it around 5: 00PM .... Ckecked all the details on the visa ..name , occupation etc ..

I met another person in the vening who had his CP ..He was not aksed PCC or I-134 ...But on my way back I asked the Immigration person about PCC as whether it will be required from feb onwards ..and he said YES.....

In The whole CP Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all and thks to this board

Congratulations iamforcp

Nice Job...under 3 hrs.....and all Set...
Did u take DS230 forms and I-134 printed 2 sided or regular one sided printing.
Thanks and Good Luck for future...

congrats!! i assume u had only ur consulate issued PCC (not RPO/local police). I guess they didn\'t

waiting for yr return

hi, and many congrats!!

I\'ve been waiting for yr return. My case has been stuck with the INS for the last 3 yrs. My rd for I485 application was 15th March 1999 and till date i\'ve not received my gc.

I want to apply for CP in delhi but when i call them they say that approved I824 is mandatory for applying AC140. My h1 has expired and i hv EAD now so if i apply for 824 i\'ll go out of status so i cannot do it.

sudhir replied to my post saying you got cp done at delhi without I824. Please tell me how did u do it without I824 ? I\'m really desperate.

thanks and waiting to hear from you.

Buddy Someone is looking for u

to get ur suggestion on AC-140 case as his H1 6 years have expired...
pls search for a posting with ur name.k...Good Luck...

$$$$AC-140 case -----goingnuts$$$$

I am still in the holy land of India ...

Well i had initially filled for CP but to my surprise my I-140 came approved for AOS.
What my lawyer did was ...that shee took the whole application which was filled for I140 and sent it wil other forms along to the US Consulate in delhi. It was AC-140 case ..I did not fill up any 824 forms or any other thing .

Once the forms reached Delhi ..Icalled them up and directly asked them for interview date ..as I told the m that I hadsent the packet 3 information . They entered my information on the computer stating that Packet3 was recvd and told me to expectan interview date in Decemeber..Since I was not able to make in Decemeber I got my Interview Postponed to Jan

Again : I did not fill up 824 forms ...I had sent all the I1-40 application with a cover letter stating as why I need to be considered for AC-140 case ( stating that I am help up for promotions etc ...) and sentit to Delhi .

Hope it helps

Question for AC-I-140

What was your category E1,E2 or E3. My I-140 got approved for AOS. My category is E3 and Consulat is Mumbai. I am planning to file I-824 to change status to CP. Would you recommend me to do so?