• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

SUcCESSFULL CP IN BANGLADESH

Hello guys, pls reply.........

Hi Pratik & Mic - you guys got visa within very very short time and even got verbal confirmation on the interview date. So I am very curious to know what special things you did that made you guys different than others. May I know the following things:

1. Did both of you have BANGLA version of board certificates? [someone told me, people who already got english version from Board are put on admin processing and it takes lot of time]

2. Do both of you have some "innocent" Name pattern that does not sound doubtful to the Consular? [also i was told, people with specific name patterns are sent to admin processing]

3. Do you have any special job experience or education that makes you different?

4. Can both of you try to identify anything special in your documents and/or processes that ensured your visa just on the interview date?

Please, answer it quickly, my interview is knocking the door and I am running out of time!

Hi Gamblerbd,

I did not do anything special. As you wrote, my result was different than others, I should thank to God for that.

Now I am giving answers of your queries:

1) My certificates (SSC & HSC) both are in English. And I collected these English versions from Education Board 12 years ago. But my Mark-sheets, admit and registration cards all are in Bengali. I don't think, if the certificates are in English a administrative process will be held for that. Also I do believe, if anybody collect English version of certificate after sending the DV initial application that can be a problem.

2) These depends upon consular. According to me if you did not do anything wrong in the past there is nothing to worry about it.

3) I have nothing special to make me different.

4) I did not deliver a word by myself. Just submitted the photo ID card, which they asked for.

Everything depends upon Consular, just you have to qualified according to their requirements and pray to God for help.

If you have more queries, please write about yourself (married/single, you have kids or not, like this).

Thanks

Hi Pratik, many thanks for your prompt & detail reply.
Actually my wife won the DV lottery and we'll attend interview next week along with our only daughter.

I have few more questions:

1. Did they ask you when (how long ago) did you translate the Certificate to English and for what purpose?

2. Both of us have photo in some of the ssc/hsc admit/registration docs (not in all). is that a prob? do we still need to bring some photo-id?

3. The signle sheet "Additional Questionnaire" form they provided with 2nd letter - who will fill it up? Only my wife as primary applicant or both of us & child? (if yes, should we photocopy that form as only one copy is provided?)

4. Getting feedback from this forum, I didn't collect Affidavit of support or bank balance. Just verifying again, is that really NOT needed for BD?

Pardon me for asking lot of question. Thanks in advance.

Hi Gamblerbd,

I did not do anything special. As you wrote, my result was different than others, I should thank to God for that.

Now I am giving answers of your queries:

1) My certificates (SSC & HSC) both are in English. And I collected these English versions from Education Board 12 years ago. But my Mark-sheets, admit and registration cards all are in Bengali. I don't think, if the certificates are in English a administrative process will be held for that. Also I do believe, if anybody collect English version of certificate after sending the DV initial application that can be a problem.

2) These depends upon consular. According to me if you did not do anything wrong in the past there is nothing to worry about it.

3) I have nothing special to make me different.

4) I did not deliver a word by myself. Just submitted the photo ID card, which they asked for.

Everything depends upon Consular, just you have to qualified according to their requirements and pray to God for help.

If you have more queries, please write about yourself (married/single, you have kids or not, like this).

Thanks

Gamblerbd, asnwers of your queries:

Hi Gamblerbd,

1) They did not ask me any question regarding certificate. But they may ask you or may not. The date is written in the certificate.

2) If you have any other photo ID card, just keep it with you and only submit if they ask for it.

3) You and your wife need to fill this form. Yes, make another photocopy for you. No need for child (less than 16 years old).

4) They did not ask me about bank statement or Affidavit of support. They did not ask mic27 and Sohana also. I believe if ask, they will give you some time to collect it. So, don't worry about that and I hope they will not ask for that.

Remember to arrange your photo album. (Marriage photos, photos with child, old photos, photos of different ages). Keep in mind docs of Principal Applicant are very important.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks....you guys are really great.

Hi Gamblerbd,

1) They did not ask me any question regarding certificate. But they may ask you or may not. The date is written in the certificate.

2) If you have any other photo ID card, just keep it with you and only submit if they ask for it.

3) You and your wife need to fill this form. Yes, make another photocopy for you. No need for child (less than 16 years old).

4) They did not ask me about bank statement or Affidavit of support. They did not ask mic27 and Sohana also. I believe if ask, they will give you some time to collect it. So, don't worry about that and I hope they will not ask for that.

Remember to arrange your photo album. (Marriage photos, photos with child, old photos, photos of different ages). Keep in mind docs of Principal Applicant are very important.

Thanks

Hi Pratik/Sohana, sorry if I am asking too many questions:

1) Photocopy of how many pages are needed for Passport? Only 1 to 5 pages (basic information) or all pages that have visa?

2) Main applicant's document file will contain the original DV Invitation letter and Marraige certificate+Kabinnama (original + photocopy). Do spouse's document package also should have photocopy of Invitation letter & Marraige certificate/kabinnama?

3) Is it relevant to add single photo of early ages in the photo album? Or we should only try to include photos where we (hus, wife, child) are present?

4) I am keeping all docs (for 3 persons) in a single file, ordered by main app, spouse, then children. First original doc, then its photocopy, then its translation (if exists), then photocopy of translation. Is this document organization Ok? How did you organize your docs?

5) I think we can pay fees in Bangla Taka, right? What is the dollar to taka conversion rate embassy is asking now?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gamblerbd,

Thanks

Please someone reply....I don't have more time!

1) Photocopy of how many pages are needed for Passport? Only 1 to 5 pages (basic information) or all pages that have visa?

2) Main applicant's document file will contain the original DV Invitation letter and Marraige certificate+Kabinnama (original + photocopy). Do spouse's document package also should have photocopy of Invitation letter & Marraige certificate/kabinnama?

3) Is it relevant to add single photo of early ages in the photo album? Or we should only try to include photos where we (hus, wife, child) are present?

4) I am keeping all docs (for 3 persons) in a single file, ordered by main app, spouse, then children. First original doc, then its photocopy, then its translation (if exists), then photocopy of translation. Is this document organization Ok? How did you organize your docs?

5) I think we can pay fees in Bangla Taka, right? What is the dollar to taka conversion rate embassy is asking now?

Thanks in advance.

Here r ur replies!!!!

Thanks in advance.
1. Basic things including ur date of expiration page.

2.U hv only one original so u cant keep it fr two persons. Those r only for Principal applicant. i fogot what we did- u can keep a photocopy of each fr ur spouse- if they asks- give them.
3. No need . try to prove ur family bond- thats it.
4.Perfect.
5. Of course u can. I dont hv the exact rate. But u can calculate as 70 tk per dollar. We paid it in dollars though.

SOHANA

Sharing Experiences

At first, I like to inform that, I am not a lawyer or an immigration expert. Just I am sharing my experiences.

Ans. 1) Only need to submit passport and no need to submit photocopies. But keep photocopies of all relevant pages and submit only if they ask for. If I am you, I will make two sets of photocopies of passport. One set only with photocopies of 5 pages and other set 5 pages + all the pages that have visa and write down DV case number upper right corner of all pages. So, if they ask either set, there will be no delay to submit.

Ans. 2) After the 2nd security check and before entering the Embassy hall room, they ask to submit the DV original 2nd letter (I hope this you called original DV Invitation letter) and medical report. So, later you don't need to submit this invitation letter with other documents. Also don't need to include photocopy of marriage certificate and kabinnama with Spouse documents.

Ans. 3) Try to keep early ages picture of child single and different ages of child pictures with father and mother. Suppose her/his (child) 1st birthday picture, 5th birthday picture (if available).

Ans. 4) They don't accept any file or folder. You can separate each set of documents with paper clip and when you are going to submit just open the paper clip and give them each set one by one. They ask to submit the set of documents in the following order:
a) All passports with two copies of DV size photos for each
b) Original documents of Principal Applicant
b1) Photocopies of Principal Applicant documents
c) Original documents of Spouse
c1) Photocopies of Spouse documents
d) Original documents of Child
d1) Photocopies of Child documents

Attach the translation with the related original document with a James Clip and photocopy of translation with the related photocopy document. Suppose translation of HSC Mark-sheet should be attached with Original HSC Mark-sheet and photocopy of translation of HSC Mark-sheet should be attached with Photocopy of HSC Mark-sheet.
See the attached files below:- the way I organized our documents.

Ans. 5) Yes you can pay visa fees in Bangla taka. The day I paid the conversion rate was 1$=68 taka. So, I paid 1,58,100.00 taka for three of us. But it is better to keep some more taka, because the conversion rate can be vary. (Visa fees for each person 775$)

Thanks and best wishes for Everybody

hope u hv a safe journey to usa.

Plz write the experience of ur journey esp. Process at zia- customs, immigration, on board,forms to write,any extra taxes, stop overs, anything special in any airport, what to do after landing in a usa airport like this. The papers which we should keep in our handbags or carry-ons , if any difficulties at immigration in our country or in usa.

Goodluck!!!
Sohana

we r preparing to leave on 16th jan,09.

HELLO SOHANA,

I GOT SOME TIME TO SPEND WITH COMPUTER THAT’S WHY I AM GIVING YOUR ANSWERS TO THE POINT. HOPE YOU WILL BE HEPPY WITH THE ANSWERS.

Process at Zia- customs- AT FIRST THEY SCENED OUR LAGGAGES AND CHECKED HAND BAGS. THEN WE HAD TO STAND ON A QUE BEFORE BRITISH AIRWAYS CHECK-IN. HERE THEY TOOK OUR PASSPORT, TICKET AND YELLOW ANVELOP. HERE THEY ISSUED BOARDING PASS ONE FOR HEATHROW AND OTHER FOR JFK. THEY TOOK BAGGAGE WEIGHT (HAVE TO BE >= TO AS INSTRUCTED. BOTH INDIVIDUALE AND TOTAL WEIGHT. FOR BRITHISH AIRWAYS 2 LUGGEGE 23 KG EACH)

Immigration- IN IMMIGRATION AT ZIA THEY JUST SEALED OUR PASSPORT AND EMBARKATION CARD FILLED UP PREVIOUSLY.

On board- IT’S A LONG JOURNEY. WE SEATED AS NUMBERD IN BOARDING CARD. BEFORE BOARDING THEY CHECKED US AGAIN.

Forms to writ- EMBARCATION CARD SHOULD BE WRITTEN BEFORE IMMIGRATION. AND YOU HAVE TO FILL IT UP ONE MORE TIME BEFORE LANDING USA (DIFFERENT FORMAT THAN BD).

Any extra taxes- YOU MUST HAVE TO PAY IF OVER WEIGHT IN ANY RESPECT MIN $450.

Stop-over- IT WAS 3 HOURS FOR US. COULD BE VARY WITH DIFFERENT AIRLINES

Anything special in any airport- IN HEATHROW WE LANDED IN TERMINAL 5 AND IT WAS HUGE. ALL THE WAY YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE OVER HEAD INSTRUCTIONS AND FLIGHT DISPLAY BOARD. HAVE TO REMEMBER FLIGHT NUMBERS.

What to do after landing in a USA airport like this- AFTER LANDING JFK WE WENT SRAIGHT A WAY TO IMMIGRATION. IN DV CASE YOU CAN SAND ANY OF THE QUE EITHER US CITIZEN OR NON-CITIZEN QUE. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR PASSPORT, EMBARCATION CARD AND YALLOW ANVELOP. THEY WILL OPEN IT AND SEALE IT, WILL SEAL YOUR PASSPORT. THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO A DIFFERENT ROOM WHERE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR PAPERS AND LET YOU GO OUT.

The papers which we should keep in our handbags or carry-on- ANSWERD. ALLWAYES KEEP IT IN YOUR HAND BAG UNTILL HAND OVER.

If any difficulties at immigration in our country or in USA- NOTHING.

HOPE YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS. THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRIED ABOUT. IT DOESN’T METTER WHETHER YOU KNOW THESE INFORMATIONS OR NOT.I MY SELF AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO EVEN DOES’T KNOW ENGLISH HAVE DONE IT QUITE OK. SO PLEASE DON’T WORRY AND STAY CALM. WISH YOU A SAFE JOURNEY. ALL THE BEST

Thanks a lot

hope u hv a safe journey to usa.

Plz write the experience of ur journey esp. Process at zia- customs, immigration, on board,forms to write,any extra taxes, stop overs, anything special in any airport, what to do after landing in a usa airport like this. The papers which we should keep in our handbags or carry-ons , if any difficulties at immigration in our country or in usa.

Goodluck!!!
Sohana

we r preparing to leave on 16th jan,09.

HELLO SOHANA,

I GOT SOME TIME TO SPEND WITH COMPUTER THAT’S WHY I AM GIVING YOUR ANSWERS TO THE POINT. HOPE YOU WILL BE HEPPY WITH THE ANSWERS.

Process at Zia- customs- AT FIRST THEY SCENED OUR LAGGAGES AND CHECKED HAND BAGS. THEN WE HAD TO STAND ON A QUE BEFORE BRITISH AIRWAYS CHECK-IN. HERE THEY TOOK OUR PASSPORT, TICKET AND YELLOW ANVELOP. HERE THEY ISSUED BOARDING PASS ONE FOR HEATHROW AND OTHER FOR JFK. THEY TOOK BAGGAGE WEIGHT (HAVE TO BE >= TO AS INSTRUCTED. BOTH INDIVIDUALE AND TOTAL WEIGHT. FOR BRITHISH AIRWAYS 2 LUGGEGE 23 KG EACH)

Immigration- IN IMMIGRATION AT ZIA THEY JUST SEALED OUR PASSPORT AND EMBARKATION CARD FILLED UP PREVIOUSLY.

On board- IT’S A LONG JOURNEY. WE SEATED AS NUMBERD IN BOARDING CARD. BEFORE BOARDING THEY CHECKED US AGAIN.

Forms to writ- EMBARCATION CARD SHOULD BE WRITTEN BEFORE IMMIGRATION. AND YOU HAVE TO FILL IT UP ONE MORE TIME BEFORE LANDING USA (DIFFERENT FORMAT THAN BD).

Any extra taxes- YOU MUST HAVE TO PAY IF OVER WEIGHT IN ANY RESPECT MIN $450.

Stop-over- IT WAS 3 HOURS FOR US. COULD BE VARY WITH DIFFERENT AIRLINES

Anything special in any airport- IN HEATHROW WE LANDED IN TERMINAL 5 AND IT WAS HUGE. ALL THE WAY YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE OVER HEAD INSTRUCTIONS AND FLIGHT DISPLAY BOARD. HAVE TO REMEMBER FLIGHT NUMBERS.

What to do after landing in a USA airport like this- AFTER LANDING JFK WE WENT SRAIGHT A WAY TO IMMIGRATION. IN DV CASE YOU CAN SAND ANY OF THE QUE EITHER US CITIZEN OR NON-CITIZEN QUE. THEY WILL TAKE YOUR PASSPORT, EMBARCATION CARD AND YALLOW ANVELOP. THEY WILL OPEN IT AND SEALE IT, WILL SEAL YOUR PASSPORT. THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO A DIFFERENT ROOM WHERE THEY WILL TAKE YOUR PAPERS AND LET YOU GO OUT.

The papers which we should keep in our handbags or carry-on- ANSWERD. ALLWAYES KEEP IT IN YOUR HAND BAG UNTILL HAND OVER.

If any difficulties at immigration in our country or in USA- NOTHING.

HOPE YOU GET YOUR ANSWERS. THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRIED ABOUT. IT DOESN’T METTER WHETHER YOU KNOW THESE INFORMATIONS OR NOT.I MY SELF AND OTHER PEOPLE WHO EVEN DOES’T KNOW ENGLISH HAVE DONE IT QUITE OK. SO PLEASE DON’T WORRY AND STAY CALM. WISH YOU A SAFE JOURNEY. ALL THE BEST

Thank you very much- We r relieved!

SOHANA

OK. WE GOT IT :)

We had some unexpected issues during the interview day just before christmas. One rude lady behave very worng way while taking our docs - was saying the doc order wasn't ok and she didn't find PCC in my pack and even didn't gave us chance to recheck - we were not prepared for such behavior as most people told here they are very helpful. But I think its just her (may had some personal problem that day!).....but other than that everything was fantastic and as we had all perfect docs - we were confirmed after the interview that they will issue us the visa & today we got it in our hand :)

I like to thank to this excellent forum, specially Sohana, Pratik, Mic27 & others.
I'll check this site time to time to answer any questions from anyone regarding DV visa experience at BD.

Wish you all good luck.

Dear Pratik, many thanks for your EXCELLENT reply, though it was late for me as I had the interview in the previous day - but I want to recommend every future DV applicant to read this post carefully - you can avoid lot of uncertainties by just following the instructions of this mail.

Thanks again.

At first, I like to inform that, I am not a lawyer or an immigration expert. Just I am sharing my experiences.

Ans. 1) Only need to submit passport and no need to submit photocopies. But keep photocopies of all relevant pages and submit only if they ask for. If I am you, I will make two sets of photocopies of passport. One set only with photocopies of 5 pages and other set 5 pages + all the pages that have visa and write down DV case number upper right corner of all pages. So, if they ask either set, there will be no delay to submit.

Ans. 2) After the 2nd security check and before entering the Embassy hall room, they ask to submit the DV original 2nd letter (I hope this you called original DV Invitation letter) and medical report. So, later you don't need to submit this invitation letter with other documents. Also don't need to include photocopy of marriage certificate and kabinnama with Spouse documents.

Ans. 3) Try to keep early ages picture of child single and different ages of child pictures with father and mother. Suppose her/his (child) 1st birthday picture, 5th birthday picture (if available).

Ans. 4) They don't accept any file or folder. You can separate each set of documents with paper clip and when you are going to submit just open the paper clip and give them each set one by one. They ask to submit the set of documents in the following order:
a) All passports with two copies of DV size photos for each
b) Original documents of Principal Applicant
b1) Photocopies of Principal Applicant documents
c) Original documents of Spouse
c1) Photocopies of Spouse documents
d) Original documents of Child
d1) Photocopies of Child documents

Attach the translation with the related original document with a James Clip and photocopy of translation with the related photocopy document. Suppose translation of HSC Mark-sheet should be attached with Original HSC Mark-sheet and photocopy of translation of HSC Mark-sheet should be attached with Photocopy of HSC Mark-sheet.
See the attached files below:- the way I organized our documents.

Ans. 5) Yes you can pay visa fees in Bangla taka. The day I paid the conversion rate was 1$=68 taka. So, I paid 1,58,100.00 taka for three of us. But it is better to keep some more taka, because the conversion rate can be vary. (Visa fees for each person 775$)

Thanks and best wishes for Everybody

Dear Gamblarbd,

Please share your interview experience so that it will be easier for us. I will have my interview on Jan, 2009 with my family. Please advice.

Osihai
Bangladesh

OK. WE GOT IT :)

We had some unexpected issues during the interview day just before christmas. One rude lady behave very worng way while taking our docs - was saying the doc order wasn't ok and she didn't find PCC in my pack and even didn't gave us chance to recheck - we were not prepared for such behavior as most people told here they are very helpful. But I think its just her (may had some personal problem that day!).....but other than that everything was fantastic and as we had all perfect docs - we were confirmed after the interview that they will issue us the visa & today we got it in our hand :)

I like to thank to this excellent forum, specially Sohana, Pratik, Mic27 & others.
I'll check this site time to time to answer any questions from anyone regarding DV visa experience at BD.

Wish you all good luck.

Hello Osihai

If you have any specific questions pls do ask.

In general, read the Pratik's post on document organization in this thread, read Sohana's "on the day of interview" - it will make your whole process very easy.

Few tips from myside:

- Make sure all of your data (date, place etc) are very consistent with each other. Like your date of birth & place should match your addresses & duration of living. Similarly, your school/college duration should match your addresses & duration of living as well. Check the nikahnama name, address, date - it should also match with data in other places.

- Take ssc/hsc admit/reg cards with photos for both hus & wife. if you don't have, collect best old photoIDs for both - where your pic, name & date are printed clearly.

- Try to pay in Taka, accountant will process quickly. For Dollar, she checks with magnify glass each & every note and will take ages!!

- Keep in mind, the visa is allocated for you & you only - no other persons in the world are competing for this visa. So if all of your docs are OK - they will definitely issue you the visa.

Dear Gamblarbd,

Please share your interview experience so that it will be easier for us. I will have my interview on Jan, 2009 with my family. Please advice.

Osihai
Bangladesh

Thanks & please advice what type of question did they ask you just for my idea.. Also note I have my old passport as my photo id.. Will it work?? I dont have my admit & reg card...

Thanks again & wait for your kind reply asap.

Osihai

Hello Osihai

In general, read the Pratik's post on document organization in this thread, read Sohana's "on the day of interview" - it will make your whole process very easy.

Few tips from myside:

- Make sure all of your data (date, place etc) are very consistent with each other. Like your date of birth & place should match your addresses & duration of living. Similarly, your school/college duration should match your addresses & duration of living as well. Check the nikahnama name, address, date - it should also match with data in other places.

- Take ssc/hsc admit/reg cards with photos for both hus & wife. if you don't have, collect best old photoIDs for both - where your pic, name & date are printed clearly.

- Try to pay in Taka, accountant will process quickly. For Dollar, she checks with magnify glass each & every note and will take ages!!

- Keep in mind, the visa is allocated for you & you only - no other persons in the world are competing for this visa. So if all of your docs are OK - they will definitely issue you the visa.

Hello,

By the by... did they ask you for affidavit of support?? please advice since its mentioned in the 2nd letter.. did u bring when you been to the US embassy??

Thanks

Osihai

Hello Osihai

Few tips from myside:

Please Stay with Us.

Dear Friends,
Whoever has got visa or is waiting to get it, please stay with us to show the right way, especially for the new.
Definitely your efforts are priceless. The new members from Bangladesh will take these as valuable resources.

Honor,
Willy