Successfull CP\'ers : Question about note on the Immigrant Visa Paper

waitnwatch

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

I finished my CP successfully at Mumbai on 2nd January.

I received packets for both me and my wife. Now on the visa paper of my wife, there is a rubber stamp in red which reads -

"Valid only if accompanying or following to join spouse"

Now my wife is travelling 1 week after I am. According to my understanding, this stamp means my wife can travel with me or after me.

Am I misunderstanding this?

The reason for my doubt are the words "following to join".

Any response is appreciated.

Thank you.

No Title

Dont worry she can join you later on with out you. it means the same what you expected.

Congratulation Waitnwatch.

Did you take PCC with you? If not did they ask you to produce PCC for interview? Pls reply if possible.

Derivative Beneficiary\'s Visa

is valid ONLY when the Primary beneficiary(YOU) has used his visa by making an entry.
In other words your spouse could not use her visa if you decided not to immigrate.

Question regarding PCC?

Did you carry PCC along with you? If yes than can you please post the details?
Thanks, Anup

Pls reply to my earlier message

Hi waitnwatch...

I have left a msg to you in your earlier posting where you posted your experience about successful CP interview. Congrats again. I also sent you a private msg. Pls reply back at your earliest convenience. Waiting eagerly...

Thanks!

AshishV & ap28 -

I did take a PCC (obtained from the Police Commissioner\'s office in my city - equivalent to local police station\'s PCC).

I was also asked about the PCC (although very casually). But instead of saying yes, I started by saying that I never received any notice about this (I never received my P4, my dad picked a duplicate for me which did not have the notice). And to this the document collecting person said that okay, this january and so it should be okay. And thus, I did not have to give anything.

The reason I started with this note is that I thought may be if I show the PCC, they might say okay, where is the one from RPO?

Anyway, they did not even ask for this to another EB couple.

Hope this helps.