Successfull CP at Chennai on March 20th

GCKhoj

Registered Users (C)
Finally, we have our passports stamped with a temp green card. What a relief!!! Thanks should go to this forum. It has been really very important. Important notes:

1) We did our tests at Lister, and went to Dr Vijayalakshmi on the same day at 5:00 pm. This was on friday. No problems with medicals at all.
2) Our interview was on Wednesday, so we got stuck in Chennai from saturday to Wednesday
3) Took our immigration photos and DDs on Monday.
4) For the interview we went around 7:45 pm. We were asked for the original appointment letter by the guards and then were let inside.
5) Everyone was sent inside the AC hall, and was directed by another guard to sit at a particular place.
6) We just waited till approx, 8:30 when they started collecting documents
7) I saw some people being asked to arrange the documents in order. So before you go to the counter, pull all your documents and just put it in the prescribed order.
8) Once we submitted our documents, we were asked to pay the application fees at counter 1.
9) We sat down again, watching others submit their documents.
10) After everybody sumitted their documents, an american announced in the PA for all of us to stand and then we all took the oath
11) After sometime, an Indian gentleman started calling names
12) Ours was the second. We went to the counter. He went thru all the documents separating the originals from the copies, sometimes kept the originals, sometimes kept the copies, depending on what document it is. He gave us back the wedding photos, wedding cards, originals of birth certificates, marriage certificate, he kept the TAX transcripts and transaction reports. He asked us for 2001 W2. He carefully looked at the employment letter comparing with the contents on his file. That\'s it, nothing more. Not a single question was asked. Not even my company name change documents were asked. The original I140 approval also was not asked. He collected the draft for blue dart, and asked us to pay the issuance fees and go home!!
We couldnt believe it!. It was over before we even realized it. A big relief on our faces.
Once again, I thank this forum which has been very helpful.
13) We got our immigrant visas in courier in 2 days
14) We surrendered the packet at the POE, and the US INS stamped our passports with a temp green card.

That\'s it from us. Good luck to all future CP aspirants!!

Congrats GCKhoj!

I have a question about your company\'s name change. What documents did you carry with you. Did you company\'s name change occur before or after I-140 approval?

Thanks in advance.

name change

My company\'s name change occurred only after I140 was approved. I carried the Certificate of Ammendment document provide by my company. Also, the company employment verification letter also mentioned that the company was previously called as XXX. I also carried brochures from the new company and the old company showing the same product. But, the officer did not ask a single document. Sometimes he does.

List

The list of documents was the same as mentioned in your packet 4 and also you can find in this portal. Follow SRIFIX list with a few changes. Only the PCC is the additional certificate. The officer took the original PCC and returned the copy. For Birth Certificates and marriage certificates, we have attached copies, so he took the copies and returned the originals. He also took the Tax transcripts and reports as we did not attach any copies, but who needs them any way?

Name change

I appreciate your prompt reply. If you do not mind, can u give me samples of these two documents (Certificate of Amendment and the sample letter). Please remove the remove the original contents. You can email me at lc_prasad@yahoo.com. This will help me getting the appropriate documents from my company.

Thanks!

tax transcripts

What do you exactly mean by these? Are these merely photocopies of filed tax returns?

Call the IRS...

Tax transcripts and transaction reports are not the copies of tax returns you files. These are computer generated reports that can be obtained free of cost from the IRS. These can be handy sometimes. But if you have the tax documents and have made copies of them, then I dont think the tax transcripts are necessary. I just carried both.
Call the IRS or visit you nearest IRS office if you need. Check other posts as well.

GCkhoj

Thank you for your response.

Also, I read elsewhere that tax transcripts may not be needed. Photocopies of tax returns are sufficient.

Name change

Hi GCKhoj,
I am expecting my interview in May.

If you do not mind, can u give me samples of these two documents (Certificate of Amendment and the sample letter). Please remove the original contents. I will appreciate if you can email me at lc_prasad@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Tax!!

Do we have to carry Tax account, or Tax lines transcripts. I beleive both of them exist. Account is summary and lines are details about each tax line.

Thanks