Successfull CP at Bombay on July-20th

zimby02

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

The CP process went of smoothly @ Bombay. They did ask for BC, Police Clearance & marriage certificate & employment letter.

The interview lasted barely 5 - 7 minutes. So CP guys take it easy & relax. I know it's easier said than done.

We stayed at Royal Castle Hotel near Khumballa Hospital which is a 20 minutes walk from breach candy & consulate. Rate was 1590 per night for AC room. Hotel was OK(I liked it for the price), but if you really want a good one, Shalimar at 5500 is the best & closest to the consulate.

Good luck for future CP 'er's. This forum was very usefull for us.

zimby

Congrats

Congratulations Zimby, Can you post your detailed experience like the questions...

Thanks

zimby,

Congrats and good luck at the POE. I agree, relaxing is easier said than done.

Hi Zimby,
Congrats!!!!!!
Do share your experience especially within the consulate and with the consular officer.
It helps a lot to the people like us who are getting ready for the interview.

Awaiting your reply
anushri

ZIMBY,

sent you a PM about Hotel Royal Castle. Can you please take the time to reply. You can post your response here, as it might help other people.

thanks

Succesfull CP

My interview time was at 8:15. We went to the consulate at about 7:30. They took as in at about 8:00. Then we waited until 11:00. Our names were called out. Went to counter & gave all the documents. They did want the BC translation from Hindi to English(we had it with us - notorized in India). Our names was called again at about 11:30. This time it was an American lady & she asked me about salary & the kind of work I do. Very very Informal. That was it!!. The "interview" was over in 5 - 7 minutes.

They did ask for Police clearance. Some nut here said not to take it. We got the PCC from Chicago(went there in person) & they were extemely helpfull. They may or may not ask for it.

Port of entry was @ Detroit. Very smooth. Gave the packets & they stamped the passports & we were on our way in about 15 minutes.
Hotel was nice & clean, though does not look very good from outside.
Any other Q's email me @ zimby02@yahoo.com

This forum was extremely usefull. Thanks to so many people for posting their experiences

I am not sure what info you need about the hotel. taxi fare from Hotel to consulate was 15 Rs. As I said earlier, room was clean , has AC & TV, but no windows. We stayed there twice. Once for the medical & again for the interview. We checked both times at about 8:30 PM & were out the next day at 12

zimby

Sombody must have said no LOCAL PCCs reqd FROM INDIA for people staying in USA...and got misinterpreted as a NUT.