Successfull CP after admin process in Chennai!

thanickel

Registered Users (C)
I had my original interview on 26th Feb. I was asked to submit a new marriage certificate at that time by not so friendly officer at chennai consulate. I submitted the new marriage certificate on 11th March and I was told my case is under admini process by the same officer. Finally I got a letter on 11th June from the consulate asking me to appear for another interview with an updated employment letter from my employer. I had interview with another friendly officer who approved my case on 23rd June. I am trying to get new tickets as my old tickets got expired and lost all the money.

I will post detailed experience with two turn downs and final success once I am back in the US.

One suggestion I have to all CPers is, when you are buying tickets from US, buy a six month open ticket

thanickel said:
I had my original interview on 26th Feb. I was asked to submit a new marriage certificate
{ Well Congratulations finally !!!! It should have been a .............. experience just one question what does the new marriage certificate means??????}

As I am not eligible get a Marriage Certificate under Hindu Marriage Act, I took a notarized marriage certificate from local relegious authorities and sworn in affidavits from the priest who solemnized the marriage and our both parents, but it was not acceptable. I was asked to produce a marriage certificate from govt. appointed/approved district relegious leader.

Hi Thanikel,

Its good to hear that your case got approved finally. It was unfortunate that you had to face an unfriendly officer.

What is your POE?

All the Best!!!

Experience

Thanickel,
if you share your experience in detail it will help a bit for every one
I have my 140 approved and waiting on getting things done for the interview
but wanted to find out what were some of the hurdles to keep myself prepared.

thanks
Sada

thanickel said:
As I am not eligible get a Marriage Certificate under Hindu Marriage Act, I took a notarized marriage certificate from local relegious authorities and sworn in affidavits from the priest who solemnized the marriage and our both parents, but it was not acceptable. I was asked to produce a marriage certificate from govt. appointed/approved district relegious leader.

Hi Thanickel,

Can you pls explain how did you get the new marriage certificate from govt authorities?

Thanks
DPP

thanickel:

Man you took the cake with a successful CP after 2 bad experiences. Do share details which would be useful to future CP'ers. Enjoy your freedom!