successful stamping of visa at Ciudad Jaurez

functionoftime

Registered Users (C)
Visa stamped on 11/03/2003.
Changed Visa from J1 to H1.

There were other who changed from F1 to H1 and also H1 to H1.

If anyone is interested in knowing more details please let me know and I can give more details about the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am thinking changing from F1 to H1, I live in virginia. do they really question why I came to mexico instead of india or canada?

Thanks.

I went to this conusulate twice earlier. This time(third visit) they did ask me why I keep coming to Jaurez. I told them it is conveinient for me to come here and that I didn't get to goto India to get the stamping.

H1 Stamping at Ciudad Juarez

Functionoftime, can you give some more details on H1 to H1. Did u have a chance to speak or know, how easy or difficult was it for H1 to H1. Did they face any problems or issues.
Would appreciate your response and feedback.
Thanks

Most of the guys I talked to were from F1 to H1. But one guy was from H1 to H1 and he had the easiest of them all. He submitted his application almost 1 1/2 hr later than most but got his stamping very early compared to others. I don't recollect if they ask him any questions. He had all his pay-stubs and W2's etc...

I went through the U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL - CIUDAD JUAREZ, MEXICO WEb site and found the required "Original DHS issued change of status approval notice" for f1-h1
stamping.
What does they mean by "Original DHS issued change of status approval notice".
I appreciate ur reply.

Thanking you in advance.

Kundarapu,

Did you ever find the answer for your question of
"Original DHS issued change of status approval notice"?
Does anybody else have any idea about it?

If anybody is planning to go to Ciudad Juarez for F1-H1B stamping, please contact me. May be we can discuss and help each other in the process.

Thanks

"Original DHS issued change of status approval notice"

Thay are talking about I-797 issued after H1-B approval.

I am not able to decide whether to get my H1 stamped (was previous on f1 & opt after my MS) in chennai or at mexico.

I work as IT consultant & my employer is a indian copany having more than 100 consultants.

The only thing that really bothers me is the slight risk with mexcio, if it gets denied or even delayed, I have no palce to go in mexico???