Successful stamping @Montreal - Aug 15

nervewreck

Registered Users (C)
Had successful stamping at Montreal on Aug 15.
Pretty usual questions like:
How long have you been in US?
How long do you intend to stay?
Was Greencard filed on your behalf?
What type of work do you do?
How many people work for you company?

Me and my spouse both needed H1 stamping. Mine is considered as a renewal as I have been with the same company since the last stamping. For my spouse its the first H1, after being on F1 and OPT before.

The experience at the consulate was much better compared to what we went through at the US Border while returning. It took them 1 hour 10 min to check and verify everything and issue the i-94. They will ask all the same questions again and again, before finger printing and finally give the i-94 cards.

If anyone intends to go to Montreal, dont miss Rue St-Catherine and Rue St-Lauret streets. Old Montreal and Underground subway malls are good places too.

Rue=road
Sortie=Exit
Two french words that you will see over and over in Montreal.

Congrats nervewreck,

Thanks for sharing the information.

Since your green card is pending, and like me any other candidate who has pending green card has an intention to stay long in US.

What was your answer to the question?

Please do share.

Thanks,
VivekS

nervewreck said:
Had successful stamping at Montreal on Aug 15.
Pretty usual questions like:
How long have you been in US?
Was Greencard filed on your behalf?
What type of work do you do?
How many people work for you company?

Me and my spouse both needed H1 stamping. Mine is considered as a renewal as I have been with the same company since the last stamping. For my spouse its the first H1, after being on F1 and OPT before.

The experience at the consulate was much better compared to what we went through at the US Border while returning. It took them 1 hour 10 min to check and verify everything and issue the i-94. They will ask all the same questions again and again, before finger printing and finally give the i-94 cards.

If anyone intends to go to Montreal, dont miss Rue St-Catherine and Rue St-Lauret streets. Old Montreal and Underground subway malls are good places too.

Rue=road
Sortie=Exit
Two french words that you will see over and over in Montreal.

VivekS -

My answer to that question was:
" I intend to stay until the validity of my H1 Visa, pending approval of the immigration petition filed by my employer. I do understand that H1 Visa has a dual intent, and thats why I gave my approval to my employer to file for my greencard."

Officer's reaction: *smiling* "Good to see that you know the scope of your visa. Please abide by its priviliges and restrictions alike."

This is one of the first questions they will ask. And if we render the magnitude of knowledge that we all have in these matters, it should be a smooth sailing after that. :)

Conrats !! on ur stamping..

hi,

Conrats !! on ur stamping

I am going on 28th sep. I have a question. I dont have a US dergee, will that be a problem ???

thanks !!

Hiransarva -

Not having a US degree should not be a problem. I've met other H1s in Montreal who got through successfully without a US degree.
Make sure you take all the rest of the documentation and evidence of your employment thoroughly.

Good luck

thankq very much..one more question..

Hi,

Thank q very much for ur help. I have one more question..

My is salary is 45K, however my pay stab is for 30K & my company payees for House rent & other benefits which adds to 45k. Is that ok. Which papers should I take to prove it.

I can get letters from my company showing that the company pays my house rent & other benfits like cell ph & insurance. is that ok ..

Pls let me know if u know anything about this.

Once again thank q...

Hiran

Your salary has to match with the LC filed for H1 petition. Check the salary on your LC petition and compare that to your offer letter and pay stub.

hiransarva said:
Hi,

Thank q very much for ur help. I have one more question..

My is salary is 45K, however my pay stab is for 30K & my company payees for House rent & other benefits which adds to 45k. Is that ok. Which papers should I take to prove it.

I can get letters from my company showing that the company pays my house rent & other benfits like cell ph & insurance. is that ok ..

Pls let me know if u know anything about this.

Once again thank q...

Hiran