Successful stamping at Nogales on Oct 27

snowleopard1010

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Here's how it went:

I had 8am appointment on friday, Oct27. I flew to Tusconon thursday night before. Rented a car and drove to Nogales, AZ. Unlike a many other people who get up the as early as 5 am, I had a good sleep and woke-up at about 7:30. At about 8:30 I had finished my breakfast. I drove to the border, which was about 5 mins. Parked my car and crossed the border thru the revolving door.

After crossing the border I took a taxi to Banamex near US consulate. I reached banamax at around 8:55. Paid the applicatoin fees and reached the consulate at 9:30.

There was a long queue outside the consulate, but in about 30 mins I was inside getting my picture and fingerprint taken. Then came the long wait. My interview started at about 1pm. Heres how it went:
VO: some greeting
me: some greeting
VO: Can I see your resume?
me: sure... (gave her my resume)
VO: went thru with my forms and verified some information such as address and telephone number.
VO: some questions about my work
me: some responses to those question (I handed her the brochures of products I worked on)
VO: did you work on opt:
me: yes, from mmyy to mmyy, thereafter worked for the same company as an h1b employee for until mmyy. Then switched to my current employer.
VO: what is your current job description?
me: I handed her my official two-page job description.
VO: I am granting you the visa. Please go to your right and pay the 50$ fees and come back with the reciept.
me: Thank you
I went and paid the 50$ "@#%!^" fees.
Came back and gave her the reciept.
VO: Your passport should be ready for pickup on Monday at 3pm. However, you should check back today at 3pm. It is possible you might be able to get it today.
I said thanks and went away. I knew they always say this, but the passport is usually ready on the same day.

After my interview me an my friends went to peter piper pizza. Had some food and a picture of beer each! The beer tasted sooo great after long and painful wait inside the consulate.

At about 3 we walked to the consulate and collected our passport. Then we just chilled out in Mexico, had a few margeritas until about 7pm. It's a good idea to do that becuase before 6pm the line for i-94 if sooo friggin huge. In 30mins we were back in US.

nogales

hi,
what time was your appointment.
Mine is at 8:00am. can i get the BAnamex reciept ,the same day?
ndialani

My appt was at 8am. Before I decided that I'll get the banamex reciept the same day as my interview, I called the consulate to confirm that it's ok. They told it's ok as long as you reach the consulate before 10 to 11 am.

Hey Snow I will be driving in the morning from PHX to nogales. Anyone have driving directions to the border. I have read about this "revolving door" and "parked outside". Can you give me a better idea what to expect when I get there?

ndialani said:
hi,
what time was your appointment.
Mine is at 8:00am. can i get the BAnamex reciept ,the same day?
ndialani

Can someone please explain what "banamex reciept" is???
I'm planning to visit Nogales for H1-B stamping sometime soon.

Thanks for your time.

Nogales ---Ato Z

Hi guys,
This forum has been really helpful.
I guess, can answer all your questions....PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
I had appointment on Nov.9,2006.
We (my wife and me) stayed at Best Western at Nogales.This hotel is run by Indian couple...realy helpful!!! I would HIGHLY recommend this place.
Next morning,we drove to the border...From Bestwesten make a right and drive 1 mile. you will see the border. make right on Mcdonald and first LEFT into the parking lot. pay $4 dollars for parking. They will show you the way to enter Mexico. Pass through the GOLDEN CAGE.....the revolving gate. YOU DONT NEED A PERMIT OR VISA TO GO TO THE US COUNSULATE. IT IS THE FREE ZONE. So dont spend money on permit or mexican visa.

Turn Right ...cabbies are standing right there....tell them US Counsulate....they will charge $7-8 dollars.(please have change or they will keep your $10 dollars...:)

You can walk to Banamex Bank ,and get the reciept. Bring your passport as they will need tha passport no. and address.
We had appointment at 8:00AM. We went to US coun. at 7:45 ....stayed in the line...Lady checked all the paper work. Ofcourse we did not have DRAFT.She told us to get the BAnamex reciept and join the line. Everyone get the appointment at 8:00 AM.
Dont need to use those agencies,eventhought they are reliable.
ITs totally up to you ...i got my reciept over there.

NOW here is the F***up!!!

There was a water leak inside the US embassy....so they closed it till 12:00 NOON. and told us to come at 12 O'clock......DAMN!
And told us they wont issue the passport bocoz of the delay. next day was VETERAN'S day...closed!! than Sat...SUNDAY!!!! O'my Lord!!!
So they said, if you interview that day ,we will get the VISA on MONDAY 11/13.Or reschedule for 11/13.

That was a real NIGHTMARE.
Our Visa was expired on July 24th. and we were goint to get 3 years revalidation.
So we went back to the border to come back to US side.
They gave us hard time. did our background check for 2 hours.
But guess what!!!! They let us enter back into US!!!!! THATS THE ONLY GOOD THIG.....and we cannot complain!!!

So we are going back tomorrow AGAIN...for our interview!!!!
I hope this time everything will be OK!

So after all this story....here are the guidelines:
1. Banamex reciept: Dont stress out. you can get it over there,EASY!
If you are stressing out....call Victor Garcia service.

2. YOU DONT NEED THE MEXICAN PERMIT/VISA .

3. CELL PHONE WORK AT THE BORDER SIDE. (I HAVE SPRINT)

4. You can leave all your electronic belonging outside the embassy. There is this Guy. he charges $3 dollars. Even security guard told us the same.

PRAY U DONT HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT ...THE WAY WE DID!
Shit happens.....you gotta know how to FIX it!
Take care...
I will put my next post after we get the VISA Tomorrow!
God Bless Us All!!
Naresh
ndialani@yahoo.com