Successful new H1B stamping from Delhi consulate

morusupalli

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

First of all, let me thank everybody who are posting their experiences.

I got my new H1B visa stamped on Aug. 16th (under FY 2006 quota) from Delhi (I come under Chennai consular district).

Thanks again!!!!

please give more details. Did they ask any questions about present employment like offer letter, pay check?
I thought they won't FY2006 H1-B until 10 days before Oct 2005 or I797 start date.

Hi Friends,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I am from Hyderabad, and had to attend my Visa Interview at Delhi, as I couldn’t get an earlier Appointment date at Chennai. I had got my H1B Approval in May 2005. When I tried for Chennai Appt., I got it around 14th Nov 2005. But I am expected to join in my company by 1st week of Oct 05. So, I had taken the confirmation from TT services that I can go ahead with the Delhi Consulate to attend for the same. Therefore I got my Appt Dt on October 4th and later advanced it to 16th Aug 05 at Delhi Consulate.

My Appointment time was given at 11:45 AM. As it will be clearly mentioned in the Web Appointment letter that we will be allowed inside only before 15 minutes to the Appt time., I had to wait outside till 11:30 AM. Then they checked the Appointment letter near the gate. Also they ‘ll check whether we are taking any sealed copies / mobiles / any electronic things along with us. If yes, they will not allow inside. There the queue begins.

In the 1st Counter we need to show 1) DS-156 2) DS-157 3) H1B Approval / I-797 4) Passport 5) Application fee DD 6) Visa Issuance fee DD. Then they will pin up the Issuance fee DD (Rs. 2200/-) with the Passport, and then return the same along with the DS forms + I 797 and direct us to go to the different counter.

Then we need to give the finer print at one counter after showing the passport.

Next we need to move to a different counter and pay Rs.441 / - as TT Services Charges (either DD or cash)

Then the actual Interview queue begins. By the time I reached to this counter the clock ticked 12:20 PM. There were many ppl standing in this long queue before me. All we need to do is “Have confidence, Pray God”, and that’s what I did till my turn had come which was at 4:10 PM.

The Conversation I had with the Interviewer:

(I had given the DS Forms, passport with Issuance fee, H1B Approval to the Interviewer). There were 2 ppl in the counter)

A : Good Afternoon Sir (with a smile)

I : Show me ur Resume and I wann 2 see the marks too.

A : Sure. Pls find these (Handed the req.ed copies)

I : (meanwhile) Oh.. Its H1 B ? ok.. So you wann 2 chg the co..? (The 2 ppl in the ctr were looking each other with _expression seeming as if they need to do a major research in order to grant the same)

A: yeah.

I: what’s Ur Edu. Back grnd ?

A : Its MSc Computer Science .

I : (cing the DS forms) So, you are working for TCS ?

A : yeah.

I : Why do you wann 2 chg ? wht special did you find in the co ?

A : I feel I had got a better opportunity in the domain area that I am working., ie.., Combination of TIBCO and Java and moreover, my husband is working in US. so, we can live together.

I : How did you come to know this co ? Who had taken the Interview ?
A : I had applied my resume in dice.com And I got a mail from XYZ that my profile suites their requirements. And thus I got the offer.

I : Well, but who interviewed you ? And how was it ?
A : I had two technical rounds. The 1st tech. Screening was done by the technical lead (name), and the 2nd round was taken by the project manager (name). I was interviewed in Java and Tibco. Later I had a HR round to discuss reg the offer.

I : What you need to work on, after you join the co?
A : I was told that I need to work on the Application Integration of Unscrambler with the other client products using Tibco and Java.

I : What does the US co do? I mean what sorts of products.., etc?
A : It is a pioneer in the field of Multivariate statistical s/w and offers analytical modeling, prediction and Optimization solutions.

I : (Seemed He z browsing something) and so waiting.
A : (So in order to break the idle time) Basically it deals with Statistical s/w data Analysis. Do I need to say anything else reg the Co.? abt its clients / …?

I : mmm.. How many employees are working there ?
A : 120 employees.

I : Is your Husband joining you ?
A : He is already working there.

I : O.. Is it ? which Co ?
A : He is working for the ABC, inc.

I : (Browsed something…and then said) So you can live together..
A : yeah.

I : When did he go there ?
A : He went there in last July.

I : (Scrutinizing all the Marks Sheets right from Msc till SSC – arranged in that order and showing to the person sitting beside) Interesting Marks… (with a smile).
A : thanks (with a smile)

I : (seemed as if he z not that willing to accept the change of company from TCS to different one, but also impressed with the marks which He had closely observed in each of the certificates whether they are perfect with the University sealed stamp.) Had finally seen SSC memo, compared me with the photo there with a smile and comment “so cute..”

And said “ Take this token, go to that counter and fill your complete Address details..”

Also He returned my Original Marks Sheets to me.

A : Thanks a lot. Bye.