Successful Landing

meetme

Registered Users (C)
I would like to thank you all members who helped me immensely through the forum to keep my patience. I am attaching my Landing experience.

-meetme

Meetme you are planning to come back to USA on H-1B. Why did you get the Canadian drivers license?

Any reasons

-Pearl

Meetme:

You surrendered your I-94, how will you come back to US? Only show US custom the upper portion of Form 797? Thanks,

Hi Pearl,

No, I didn't get a license. I was just mentioning about the procedure there.

Hi jdononstop,

I completed another I-94 at the Airport while coming back and they stapled the new I-94 counterfoil to my passport.

Hope this helps.

-meetme

Landing Process

Hi Meetme

On the COPR (IMM 5292) form, can we fill up the Address, and Money in Possession fields (Nos. 15,42). OR they have to be filled up by Immigration Officer? How did u do? Thanks.

meetme said:
I would like to thank you all members who helped me immensely through the forum to keep my patience. I am attaching my Landing experience.

-meetme

Don't fill. It has to be completed in the prsence of immigation officer at the Port of Entry.

--meetme

Thanks very much

Thank you for the details of your landing and your US Visa issuance experience.

This really helps so much.

meetme said:

-meetme

Meetme,

I am landing this month.

I have couple of questions.

1) You had cashier's check or Bank statment to show funds? Is it ok just to show back statement.
2) On Goods to follow list - Can we specify just jewels and approximate value or we have to break down by each item.
3) How about immunization for the kid? Did you fill up that form.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Did you notice any body applying for student visa. Is student visa for U.S given easily or do one has to go to one own country to apply for the same.

Sunven,

I have couple of questions.

1) You had cashier's check or Bank statment to show funds? Is it ok just to show back statement.
I had cashier's check. The amount was less than 10000 CAD.
2) On Goods to follow list - Can we specify just jewels and approximate value or we have to break down by each item.
I had an item named "jewellery" and approximate value. I had two photographs of all jewellery.
3) How about immunization for the kid? Did you fill up that form.
I didn't complete the immunization record. Thaought of doing it later. If you are actually moving now to Canada do it. This is needed for school admission.

Zakh,

Sorry, I am not sure about Student Visa (didn't meet anyone). May be there were some.

Hope this helps,
-meetme

Proof of funds.

I want to know if you submit bank statement with the application last list of documents requested. Do we have to take bank statement when we go for landing?