successful J1 waiver

simha2006

Registered Users (C)
hi firiends,
i got j1 waive after long time.
my case was pending in state dept from dec 2006. finally they issued

ty

Thanks you all for your postings that were beneficial throughout this process. I filed in my application for waiver in late Feb 2007 with DOS and requested the NOS from my country which was sent to the DOS within a week. Though, it took DOS almost two weeks before the docs was posted on their website, but I can tell that as soon as DOS gets the docs completed..The remaining time till final approval is less than 3 weeks.After three weeks I received a letter of favorable recommendation from DOS and two weeks later I received the final approval from USCIS. In all, the total process took about 7 weeks from the date I posted the form to DOS and the date I received the final approval from USCIS.
The date is stated below for your convenience..

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent April 25, 2007
No Objection Statement Received April 17, 2007
Fee Received March 12, 2007
Form DS-3035 Received March 12, 2007
Form DS-2019 Received March 12, 2007
Passport Data Page Received March 12, 2007
Letter of Representation Received March 12, 2007
Statement Of Reason Received March 12, 2007
Other Received March 12, 2007

Hi Royat,

Congrats! Could you please tell me from which USCIS service center you got the final approval? I am also waiting for this final approval.

Thanks
vamsi

Hi royat,

Congrats! Did you apply from US or out of US? My other question is what was your statement of reason? Was it because you wanted to get a working visa (wanted my US goverment)?

Thanks in advance