Successful interview @ Mumbai

srikar45

Registered Users (C)
I got time now to post my experience of interview in Mumbai.I had successful interview at Mumbai on June 16th along with my wife nothing unusual everything went well.This forum has been really helpful and i appreciate each and everyone who are making this forum a better place for CP.Okay following are the details

Myself - Primary Applicant
Wife - Dependent
daughter - US Citizen
Category EB3
Priority Date - May 31 2002
I-140 Approval Date August 24 2003
Case created - November 2004
Case sent to Consulate March 8 2005
Interview June 16 2005
POE Chicago July 5 2005

I have applied for I-824 after my I-140 is approved for Change of CP from AOS and this is where it really took lot of time for me.I have applied for I-824 September 2003 and it got approved in october 2004.So more than a year fine no regrets that was the best option i had during the time i asked for change of AOS to CP.

I had medical checkup done at Hinduja Hospital on June 13 2 days prior to the interview.Hospital work went well except for very long waiting time during noon.Went to the Hopital by morning 8.00 Am and got reports by evening 6.30PM ofcourse was not in the hospital for the whole day morning 2 hours and again from afernoon 2.00PM.I had TB 2 years back made sure that i have all the documents especially the covering letter from Surgeon which was verified by the hospital staff.

We went to the consulate on June 16th moring by 7.00AM already there was a line joined the line and were allowed inside by 7.45.We were called by an Indian lady(She is very polite) at 11.00AM,she collected the following documents

1.DS-230 I and II
2.Demand Drafts
3.PCCs
4.Notorized Employment letter
5.Marriage certs - 2 copies one for me and other for my wife
6.I-134 Affidavit of Support for my wife
7.Birth Certificates
8.1 Photograph each

She also has asked for another certificate for DOB as our Birth certificates were issued very recently ,we submitted our 10th std marks list which has our DOB and she accepted it asked us to wait for sometime.We got a call from consular officer(American lady) at 1.30PM asked us to take oath and had taken the finger prints and asked the common questions where do you work what project etc..She said to call the consulate after 3 days as they had to do internal processing for both of us.I called after 5 days but not able to reach as no one is picking up the phone immediately sent a mail got a reply that internal processing is complete and primary applicant or dependent anyone can come and can get the rest of the work done..I went after a week and got our passports stamped and collected two seperate VISA packets.I came first to USA ,POE was Chicago here also nothing unusual gave the VISA packet anf finger prints thats it...

Waiting for my wife to come...

Once again i thank each and everyone of you in this forum.