• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Successful interview in Guangzhou, China. Any sucessful Malaysians?

GuyinSH

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just came back from Guangzhou. I am a Malaysian chinese and the interview was a successful.

Any successful DV Malaysian Chinese in US?

I dont know how's the life in US? for better or for worse?

Please advise.

This questions interesting to me, if you dont know about the life in the US why did you apply GC lottery. Just gambling..?

Hi,

Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I just came back from Guangzhou. I am a Malaysian chinese and the interview was a successful.

Any successful DV Malaysian Chinese in US?

Please advise.

U might be living a better lifestyle where you are right now than u will when u get to the states.

Life in the states

Hi, I am a software engineer by profession and I have lived in the states for 6 years.

For me, it basically boils down to the economic argument. If you are not making enough money wherever you are right now, chances are you will be better off in the US.

If you are making enough money where you are, are you willing to leave your family, friends and favorite mamak stall behind in search of better job opportunities?

The decision was pretty obvious for me. Job opportunities in the software industry in the US is way better than in Malaysia, which is why I packed my bags, left for the states and said good bye to tanah tumpahnya darahku, lol.

hi MalaysiaDV2008,

cool. U have stayed more than 6 years in the States.I have never stayed in US b4 apart from a short visit last year.

i m auditor by profession and it's "hot" in CHina now.

Sadly, I m overloaded with all those assignments. Cannot cope anymore. As such, i would like to take this opportunities to "explore" the job market in USA.

Just wanna find a nice balanced work-life.

Money? yes, it's important, however, I value more of simple stable job with work-life balanced.

(note - Even if they give you 6 months bonuses - are u able to cope with the crazy deadlines and tonnes of assignments with limited staff resources?...)

I hope things will be slightly "better" in the States.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Life in USA

Sorry, virtually all my friends are software engineers (I need to expand my social circle :)). So I have no idea what the auditing industry is like.

You are an auditor? Do you have an accounting degree? Auditors are in demand here in the US. If you do have accounting undergraduate studies, you could apply directly to firms, or another alternative would be to take a masters in accounting. also, consider taking the CPA exams.