Successful interview but no decision - Chicago DO

Spiderman003, Good to know that at least your file is at right place now.

I also called yesterday and inquired about my oath ceremony. The 2nd level officer said that today my file has been sent for scheduling an oath. I am hoping to get my oath letter in a week or so. Its now more than 103 days after interview and still counting............

Looks like most of you at least know the reason why there is a delay, I'm clueless here. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to expedite the case. I have been waiting for 61 days now.

Looks like most of you at least know the reason why there is a delay, I'm clueless here. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to expedite the case. I have been waiting for 61 days now.

Did the interviewing officer gave a hint why he/she cannot make a decision yet? Most of the IO's do during the interview. If you know what it is & post it here, then may be we can give some advise. Even if you don't know what it is but can guess something based on your immigration history, post it here.

Called 800 number again today and spoke to 2nd level officer. He confirmed that my A# file was transferred to local office on Feb 11th & received already. He asked that a decision needs to be made now to complete the process. This is the 4th confirmation regarding my A# file transfer. So, I have decided now to quit worrying about the whereabouts of my A# file and start thinking about the final decision and oath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its tough to guess something. He just told me that he has to review the file in detail and another officer told my wife that they don't have enough time and are lagging behind. Its driving me crazy without knowing the reason. I will contact congressman if I don't hear anything after 120 days.

Today I got to know after 80 days from interview that my(and my wife's) A# file is missing. Please let me know what exactly I can do over here. The 2nd level officer told me that the DO has requested A# file from the National Benefit Center.

gcdetails,

As per my understanding, the IO will request your file twice from the NSC before considering the file as "LOST" and make his decision on your case based on the temporary file they might have created at the time of your interview.

My wife's file was misplaced for a while before they send it to the right place. Today exactly after 120 days of her interview, she took an oath and became US citizen. We were regularly calling 1-800 number after every 2 weeks and also wrote a letter to IO to get more information.

I am glad finally the whole immigration process is over for us without entering into legal mess. I hope you they will find your file soon and get done with your case as well.