Successful interview at Montreal and landing at Detroit

Dear Motown,
Thank you for the prompt reply and clarity shown. But, i am not going through any lawyer. What is this letter you are referring to. Is it mandatory for me. If so- can you throw some light on this. BTW- how much time you think i will get the interview date after i send all this. FYI- i will be appyling for PCC from Indian consulate next week. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks again for your time.

I am a Canadian resident looking to do CP at Montreal.

I am in Toronto and would like to locate a photographer who would do those ADIT photographs. Can those folks who have already done their CP at Montreal please recommend?

Also, I am looking to use Dr. Seidan's office for medical exam. Any pointers???

Thanks in advance.

united nations

I'm hoping someone can answer my questions;

I'm thinking of switching from 485 to CP in Montreal (AC140).

My understanding is that I send in the 824 along with the ac140 to NVC and they create a file for me.

My questions are:

My 485 has been outstanding for 13 months (I'm expecting it to take one more year), would it be beneficial from a time point of view to do CP in montreal.

I WOULD URGE YOU TO LOOK AT CPTRACKER.COM TO GET A SENSE OF HOW FAST THE CP CASES ARE PROCEEDING. I WAS QUOTED 3-6 MONTHS BY A COUPLE OF LAWYERS.

The date on my medicals is 3/03. I got this done in the U.S. Would the medicals be good enough for CP or do I need to do it again in Canada?

FROM MY UNDERSTANDING, MEDICALS FOR CP CANNOT COME FROM A US DOCTOR, BUT MUST BE DONE IN CANADA.

Police/FBI/RCMP clearance. I've lived in the states for five years and prior to that I lived most of my life in Canada. Can someone please guide me or point me to the proper thread on what I would need to do here.

THE BEST SOURCE OF INFORMATION I FOUND ON THIS TOPIC WAS IN IMMIHELP.COM - LOOK UNDER IMMIHELP FORUMS\CONSULAR PROCESSING\RCMP police certificate: to fingerprint or not

also look at the
> Experience of a Canadian EB-2 & Montreal Processing thread in the above forum;

I am going through Montreal CP process -- waiting for NVC fee bill, packet 3,etc. I have gone ahead and obtained the name search police certificates, at the same time, when I was at the RCMP office, I went through fingerprinting. I sent the latter forms to Ottawa last week and am waiting. The fingerprint based PC can take a while, so I would advise you to proceed with these ASAP if you opt for CP.

questions on CP at Montreal

Hi.. i hope someone can help me out...

I am a Canadian PR/Indian citizen residing in halifax for the past 2.5 years waiting for my green card thru CP at montreal.... I have a few questions:

1. Do i need to have a fresh PCC from India ? - I have the pcc that was done prior to my leaving India. If the answer is yes, could someone give me some guidance on how to go about this...

2. Is it possible to have the candian pcc done prior to receiving packet 3 and how do i go about this?

thanks

Roshini

rosh75 said:
Hi.. i hope someone can help me out...

I am a Canadian PR/Indian citizen residing in halifax for the past 2.5 years waiting for my green card thru CP at montreal.... I have a few questions:

1. Do i need to have a fresh PCC from India ? - I have the pcc that was done prior to my leaving India. If the answer is yes, could someone give me some guidance on how to go about this...

{It looks like your PCC would be quite old at this time. You will need to
approach the nearest Indian Consulate/Embassy and apply for a PCC.
Go to the website of the respective Consulate and you should find
instructions on this}

2. Is it possible to have the candian pcc done prior to receiving packet 3 and how do i go about this?

{You MUST obtain your PCC (s) before you
can send back the Packet 3, because as far as my knowledge goes
the Consulates in Canada insist on receiving all the documents along with
Packet 3}

thanks

Roshini

{my responses}

My suggestion would be to move over to the threads that are specific to
US Consulates in Canada. You will get more current and accurate responses.

Raju

How to Cancel/Surrender Canadian PR

Hi Prithis and Others,

My husband and myself were approved Canadian PR in 2003 (while our US GC is under process). We landed in Canada and came back to US after 2 days. Now our Green cards got approved and received the cards also.

Do I have to Cancel/Surrender the Candain PR?
If I have to Cancel/Surrender, what exactly I need to do?

Please provide the information.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I made a trip to IFS in halifax to gather information on the canadian pcc and was told that right now there is a huge backlog with the RCMP in Ottawa and the fingerprint / PCC might take a minimum of 150 days to process.... also they told me that i would need to get the case number from montreal consulate starting with MTL to start the PCC process as they send a card with packet 3 that needs to be filled out...

i hope someone who has faced a similar situation can tell me how they went about this to avoid the delay....I am a Canadian PR - I am not sure if i need to get the fingerprint check done or only the name check pcc for montreal CP.

I would appreciate all your help...

thanks,
Roshini

rosh75 said:
Hi,
I made a trip to IFS in halifax to gather information on the canadian pcc and was told that right now there is a huge backlog with the RCMP in Ottawa and the fingerprint / PCC might take a minimum of 150 days to process.... also they told me that i would need to get the case number from montreal consulate starting with MTL to start the PCC process as they send a card with packet 3 that needs to be filled out...

i hope someone who has faced a similar situation can tell me how they went about this to avoid the delay....I am a Canadian PR - I am not sure if i need to get the fingerprint check done or only the name check pcc for montreal CP.

I would appreciate all your help...

thanks,
Roshini

Sorry that you have realized about these delays now. There is a thread specific to Montreal Consulate at the top of the list. I have seen that another member has posted that they are indicating a delay of 5 to 6 months for this PCC process with RCMP now.

Post your queries in that thread for better coverage.

Raju

My case pending in NVC for more than 4 months. Anybody has ideas?

Hello Prithis and others,

My Green Card case has been pending in NVC since June 4th, and no response since August 18th. Any body has ideas what might happen and what should I do? Thanks!

====================================
When I called NVC recently, I was told that my case is under clearance check. What I am concerned is that my case might be lost in the process, since no cases took so long for review. (Normally the case will need days or at most one month to clear security check - www.cptracker.com, while my case has been pending there for more than two months).

Time line of my case in NVC:
* June 4th NVC received package 3.
* June 16th NVC asked the proof of establishing eligibility to be processed for an immigrant visa in Canada
* June 28th NVC received copy of my Canadian Permanent Resident Card and Canadian Landing Paper
* August 11th, NVC asked DS-230 part one, since the previous document was lost.
* August 18th, NVC reviewed my case and sent my case for learance check.
==========================