Successful H1B stamping at Nogales 07/24

sukhdeeps

Here is my experience (H1B). This was my second H1B stamp.

Make sure you take your resume and tax returns with you. They ask for this at Nogales. Also, fill out the DS158 even if you know it is not needed for H1B. Another Nogales quirk.

I was asked very simple questions. She looked at the resume and made some comments. How many US visas have you had? What do you do? Ok, we will issue you the visa, come back at 3:00pm.

No need to get any permit to go to Nogales.

The most gruelling part is the getting back into US. The issuing of new I94's is *very* slow. Make sure you are one of the first ones at the consulate to get back the passport so that you are at the front of the line at the border.

I should also mention that I did not see any other H1B running into trouble at Nogales. One person with F2 -> F1 has some trouble and was not issued the F1 visa - the person was able to get back to the US on the old visa (which was unexpired I think).

Another person has some J1 related case. He ran into the further processing category but I heard the CO tell him "You can still go back into the US on your older visa which is valid"

So, looks like if your old visa is valid, they don't cancel it but let you go back using the old one.

sukhdeeps said:
Here is my experience (H1B). This was my second H1B stamp.

Make sure you take your resume and tax returns with you. They ask for this at Nogales. Also, fill out the DS158 even if you know it is not needed for H1B. Another Nogales quirk.

I was asked very simple questions. She looked at the resume and made some comments. How many US visas have you had? What do you do? Ok, we will issue you the visa, come back at 3:00pm.

No need to get any permit to go to Nogales.

The most gruelling part is the getting back into US. The issuing of new I94's is *very* slow. Make sure you are one of the first ones at the consulate to get back the passport so that you are at the front of the line at the border.

congrats sukhdeeps,

For which year did you get your revalidation?

Was it a H1-H1 or something else like F1-H1?

Did you see any one with H1-H1 getting stamped based on pending green card for 8th, 9th........ Year of H1B?

I am on my 10th year of H1, planning to get stamped from Mexico. Do You see any issue?

Thanks,
VivekS

Congrats..
I have a H-1B Visa appointment at Nogales, Mexico on Aug 14, 2006 @ 8:30A.
My wife was on H1B and now she is on h4. Did you see any isues with these kind of case . Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Venkat

I don't know of any other cases other than what I mentioned. Please note that they let only a few people into the consulate at one time so my "observation" is no way indicative of all the cases...